Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,594 Posts
I can barely spell "Swedish Mauser" and even I know that is a turd.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
What a bargain. Start bidding at $599 or Buy-it-Now for $850. If he gets $850 for it, then it almost makes me want to get the hacksaw out and use it on some of the rusted parts guns I have. Only thing stopping me is that some of the Members here know where I live and I can visualise them burning a (Swedish) Cross on my front lawn some night. I'm also allergic to feathers, especially when stuck to my anatomy with tar.

FLATWINS - I would not worry about the front sight mounting --don't you know that Swedish Mausers are naturally accurate?:tisk:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Can anyone comment to gunbroker.com that this is clearly a fraud? It isn't an m94--FRAUD! Not a "carbine" except by sellers actions--FRAUD. Sold "as-is" is not sufficient defense for "FRAUD."

Anyone say "FRAUD?" Should sasafras goat be listed in hall of shame?

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,589 Posts
I am thinking the seller does not even know what he has . Pure ignorance on his part . You as a collector should know what you are buying to keep from getting ripped off . We have the advantage of posting such Bubba'ed projects here to warn potential buyers it is not a M94 carbine . Buyer beware !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I am thinking the seller does not even know what he has . Pure ignorance on his part . You as a collector should know what you are buying to keep from getting ripped off . We have the advantage of posting such Bubba'ed projects here to warn potential buyers it is not a M94 carbine . Buyer beware !!!!!!!!!!!!
I would agree with SWEDE. We see many examples where m/38 short rifles are described as carbines. Usually the seller does not have the knowledge of the differences in these rifles, and, quite frankly, is interested only in selling his product. He does not take the time to really research the differences so he puts what limited knowledge or thoughts into his description, and sits back fat, dumb and happy because he believes, himself, that he has described it well.

If, however, after someone sends him a PM to inform him of what he really has, and he refuses to acknowledge it and persists on leaving his original description on the offering, and does not take the time to look into it, then it is certainly misrepresentation. Fraud is a "deliberate" act and is intentional.

If you look at the Seller's trader rating, he has four. Every one has been as a Buyer, not a Seller, and these four transactions have taken place from 2010 to 2012, or over two years. Again, the best thing any Member of this Forum can do is to be aware of the situation.

Some Auctions, such as E-Bay, have an option to ask the Seller questions. These are then posted for others to see, both the question and the answer. This can give a warning to a prospective buyer. Because I live in Canada and can not buy firearms from the U.S. Auctions, there have been occasions where I have (A) put a post on a Forum drawing attention to a possible problem firearm, and (B) sent a PM to the Seller informing him of just what he has.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,589 Posts
I don't defend the seller's ignorance ! I don't know who he is or have any interest in the rifle . Even if you point out to him it is not a M94 and worth only , say $200 , he may just think you are just trying to con him into lowering the price so you can rip him off . It is what it is !!!!!!!

Knowledge is your best defense against buying a fake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really doubt the modification was done as a fake . More like Bubba just sporterizing it in his own special way . This guy may have been ripped off himself & doesn't even know it . Again , I am not defending him .

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I have to agree with Swede on this one. I have many many military rifles, from all over, and am not an expert on any of them. I have decided to start offering some of them on GunBroker, will describe them the best I can, and will take & answer any questions on them.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yes, I have to agree with SWEDE and RICK N. I have no idea of who the Seller is, and SWEDE is right when he pointed out that the Seller might take offence and think someone is trying to get it for a lower price. Again, he might have paid big bucks and does not want to admit to himself that he screwed up when he bought it. Sometimes it is fun to speculate, especially when the situation happens to someone else.

Then there are the buzz words like "Carbine" and "Sniper" that seem to add a couple of hundred bucks to the asking price of something. And people get those Dollar signs in their eyes when they think they have something rare or special.

I was told back in the 1960s, "Buy a gun - buy a book," and this has been sound advice for me. While I do not still have many of the guns that I have bought over 50 years, I did not sell a lot of the books, so I have a very, very good reference library, abeit limited to firearms, shooting and military subjects.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I note that the seller ended at 0145 hours on 19Mar2012 this 11-day auction beginning at 2148 hours on 16Mar2012. Perhaps the seller considered critiques he may have received (mine included) regarding the authenticity of this carbine. That's just an observation and I'm giving the benefit of doubt - or ignorance - to the seller. As of the time this post, it has not been re-listed.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Maybe someone used the "Buy it now" option, and next week we will see a thread started here with a question about a "rare Swedish Carbine."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.