Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
9,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes a rifle comes along that just needs to be in your collection, even if it isn’t what the main focus of your collection is. So when Pahtu decided it was time to move this rifle I just had to add it to my collection.

It’s a 42 Finn B-Barrel M91 built on a round receiver in a 2 piece Finn stock. The rifle barrel has the VKT proof stamp and a pristine bore. I do not believe rifle has been fired since importation since most of the metal is still covered with cosmoline . This will make a fine edition to go with my B-Barrel M39.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Very nice Miller, quite uncommon rifle. Looks to be in beautiful shape as well. Congrats!

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,638 Posts

They do exist!

Earlier than mine. Nice!

·
Administrator
9,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,638 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Really nice and rare rifle! I have a B Barrel M91, but not a round receiver. I once owned a round receiver M39 that I sadly parted with to a board member a few years back. They are certainly one of the rarer Finns out there. I doubt I'll see another in person.

·
Gold Bullet Member
15,536 Posts
Nice, Pahtu must have his eye on somethin' else to let that rifle go. Miller your rifle bein' in grease, Pahtu mighta' not shot it. Would guess most came in that way. Put together, proof fired, greased and stored. Way mine came.

Like the knot in the stock. Figure you know the dope on these. I'd clean it and shoot it, brand new rifle made decades ago. Few rounds down range can't hurt it unless ya' like a greasy rifle.

I got really lucky, two bills for one in grease with a near perfect never messed with Remington stock. But yours with the round receiver is mighty scarce.

Next door neighbor and I shot mine, with a perfect new bore. Very accurate, and for such a long rifle, balances well. Really like these long rifles, and not too many around, Liege proofed and ones with round receivers the scarcest. Congrats on gettin' a rare rifle, hope Pathu gave ya' some GB love on the deal. Thanks for the photos.

Lancebear

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Pahtu mighta' not shot it.
It is a nice rifle! Nope, I have not shot it, 9 out of 10 rifles I own have never been fired by me....;) I like to fire rifles, just don't need to fire them all.....seriously would run out of ammo if I did...;)

Don't have my eye on a collectable piece, did have some small bills I have eliminated and have added up some expense taking care of a loved one - I most likely will sell off a few more to reduce clutter in the safes, not selling off the collection, merely shuffling the collection around and focusing.

MT is a great fellow collector and the rare piece went to a good home, surrounded by more rare pieces as I have enjoyed seeing these past several years! :)

Pahtu.

·
Administrator
9,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Walt, whatcha think about that rear sight? It appears to me to be numbered a bit differently than the other Finnish rear sighted rifles?

Pahtu.

It is different then all my other Finn M91's except for my 1917 Remington, which went through a complete Finn refurb. It's rear sight is the same way, Ashrins not scored out and the Finn markings on the other side with a "D" cartridge stamp up by the hing pin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.