Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought this lever action BB gun w/ tube feed. There is absolutely no maker markings that I can find. The rifle seems to be fairly intricate with the movable sight and the bolt type safety - when the bolt is pushed in and down a "red" color appears in the opening meaning it's ready to "fire" otherwise no red and safety is "on". The silver nut may be new and this rifle probably had a strap as top/end of barrel has the hole for attachment and the stock has a hole where I believe a eye screw may have been. Am sure this is from the 40-50's at latest but searching the internet I cannot find a similar item. Anyone having knowledge of this old BB gun - proto-type ?? and it still cocks and fires but have not tried BB's. thanks.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
55,184 Posts
nice. few drops, sprayed down mag. down barrel,
id wipe it down with kerosene soaked cloth wrappings it full length!
rags leave alone about a week then with care start cleaning it slowly rubbing ruff burlap. or jeans> easily till writing reviles more!
not using but 0000 steel wool till last effort again softly the metal isn't as hard as gun steel!
let us know more neve seen that set up before. maybe pre> 1950's<><dan
interested in your results!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice. few drops, sprayed down mag. down barrel,
id wipe it down with kerosene soaked cloth wrappings it full length!
rags leave alone about a week then with care start cleaning it slowly rubbing ruff burlap. or jeans> easily till writing reviles more!
not using but 0000 steel wool till last effort again softly the metal isn't as hard as gun steel!
let us know more neve seen that set up before. maybe pre> 1950's<><dan
interested in your results!
I've had younger eyes than mine look at this and no one has found a mark of any kind. It has light oxidation but very light - unless the markings were done with Quill and so lightly as to be practically invisible when new - I gotta believe it is NOT marked. Not on stock - barrel - no where !

·
Silver Bullet member
55,184 Posts
might have been "laminated applied stencils"?
that's why i suggested a fluid wash before rubbing> first to see if traces show up?

·
Silver Bullet member
1,753 Posts
Nice! What purpose does the bolt serve? Is it a co2 gun?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
appears to be Daisy mod 140. I used to collect these back in a day
THANK YOU FELLA - googled model 140 and found one that was sold and the description as follows;

"The Daisy 140 Defender i one of the the rarest Daisy production models. ( Garber page 259) Production had begun to be affected by WW II and only 28,092 were produced. It was made in 1942 only.
Several features make this gun unique including the bolt operated safety and lightning loader.
This one is in excellent condition, The metal is mostly brown patina but is not rough or pitted. The wood is also very nice. shows just light general wear. Not perfect but still very nice. A very rar feature is the condition of the canvas sling. it is a little stained with age but not tattered or damaged. Most of these slings are gone completely and this one is really nice.
It was cleaned, lubed, and resealed in our shop. Velocity was tested at around 240 fps.
This is a great find for the advanced Daisy collector and a nice addition to any airgun collection. "

AND 1942 IS THE YEAR OF MY BIRTH - NOV 11TH. JUST TURNED 78 !! THANKS AGAIN -

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.