Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
On all the m91 conversions I've seen, it was done by installing a sleeve made from the last few inches of a barrel with sight base still in place. You can barely see where it joins on my 1920 Tula.
Just because someone put a laminate stock on a NEW or has SA stamped on the receiver doesn't make it rare. I have 2 of them both pristeen barrels blade sights, rear Finn sights with meters on one side and Russian markings on other. Never considered them rare.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Just because someone put a laminate stock on a NEW or has SA stamped on the receiver doesn't make it rare. I have 2 of them both pristeen barrels blade sights, rear Finn sights with meters on one side and Russian markings on other. Never considered them rare.
Please post some pictures of the two N.E.W. M91's you own that were shortened into M91/30's and then refurbished post war by the Soviet's, we would all love to see them.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,167 Posts
The point (which you apparently are somehow still missing) is that the rifle being discussed here has been converted to an M91/30, and that is what makes it rare.

I have also owned a couple of finned Westinghouse M91s in the past, but I've only ever seen 3 or 4 of these converted Westinghouse M91s, including online, in all the years I've been collecting.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
"I have 2 of them both pristeen barrels blade sights, rear Finn sights with meters on one side and Russian markings on other. NEVER CONSIDERED THEM RARE."

Ding ding ding. You got one right Mr. Owen. That's because those aren't rare. Your other observations though, not so much. You STILL don't understand what all was done to make the NEW in question into a rare 91/30.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
You, ah.......don't have very good reading or visual comprehension, do ya?

If can't see a difference between the rifle in the auction and a normal, Finn marked M91, I think you need to get back to the basics of Mosin Nagants, ha!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Please post some pictures of the two N.E.W. M91's you own that were shortened into M91/30's and then refurbished post war by the Soviet's, we would all love to see them.
My barrels were not shortened. Both full length barrels. Not refurbished by Soviets.
You, ah.......don't have very good reading or visual comprehension, do ya?

If can't see a difference between the rifle in the auction and a normal, Finn marked M91, I think you need to get back to the basics of Mosin Nagants, ha!
I have 10 Mosins, shoot every one regularly. Don't and never have considered myself an expert, I do know how to make them function like they are supposed to. Simo Hayha didn't have anything fancy, hell he didn't use a scope but he got the job done. Blow your smoke up somebody elses ass

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I have 10 Mosins, shoot every one regularly. Don't and never have considered myself an expert, I do know how to make them function like they are supposed to. Simo Hayha didn't have anything fancy, hell he didn't use a scope but he got the job done. Blow your smoke up somebody elses ass
If you don’t consider yourself an expert, than don’t post like you are one and argue about why this rare rifle is supposedly not rare when several members have already explained why it is special and not some common Finn rework. Try to learn and be open and maybe you’ll get a better response? Just giving back the energy you’re giving buddy.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts