·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am hoping for additional close up pics of the front sight base showing how it was attached after the barrel was shortened from M91 length. Some other M91 conversions were rather sloppy, this one looks well done.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I saw one of those at national gun day in Louisville 6 or 7 years ago.The guy wanted 550.00 for it.This is when regular 91/30s we’re about 150.00.When I came to my senses and went back to get it was gone.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,167 Posts
I am hoping for additional close up pics of the front sight base showing how it was attached after the barrel was shortened from M91 length. Some other M91 conversions were rather sloppy, this one looks well done.
On all the m91 conversions I've seen, it was done by installing a sleeve made from the last few inches of a barrel with sight base still in place. You can barely see where it joins on my 1920 Tula.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
I have a 1918 Tula converted to 91/30. It's not nearly as nice as this one. I think most of the ones I've seen were Romanian imports. I believe Ratnik describes (or notes) the conversions on his website. If not, he's mentioned the conversions on this site.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,167 Posts
I'll check my 2 1920 Izhevsk at my other place tomorrow, now this has me wondering. I think one was serial 83,XXX and the other was 120,XXX, both on imperial receivers over-stamped with the soviet crest too.
I'd say it's highly unlikely that either of them is a converted M91, as the rear sight rework is pretty hard not to notice:
Wood Tool Bumper Automotive exterior Hardwood
Wood Air gun Trigger Shotgun Bicycle part

1 - 20 of 50 Posts