Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
001.jpg Hi here is a photo of a Ranger .22 pump with a low serial # 09xx. Condition is excellant but I really can't find much on them think they were made by sears . Any value info would help. Sorry I am mainly a bayonet guy If you have a bayo you need help with or valuation on let me know
Carl

·
Registered
320 Posts
If I remember correctly Ranger guns were a Sears brand. Sears never built any guns, they were jobbers. They would have someone produce items for them. Savage and Stevens built many models for Sears. The styling of your gun is quite close in appearence as the Stevens Visable Loader model.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I was thinking that same thing 30 30 . Winchester and Mossberg

also furnished Sears brands . Even Mauser .

FIVESHOT

·
Registered
554 Posts
"Ranger" was the Sears gun brand prior to "J.C. Higgins." The guns were supplied by many makers over a long period of time in the early 20th century. I have seen many "Ranger" marked rifles and shotguns that were originally made by Mossberg, Savage/Stevens, Marlin, IJ, H&R, Ithaca, and others. Sometimes you can pick up a very nice gun fairly cheaply because it is "Ranger" marked, but made by a famous maker. My Marlin Model 90 .410 O/U double is marked "Ranger." It would have been much more expensive had it been Marlin-marked!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts