Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot my Turkish M93 at the range today with 7.92x57 handloads.

100 yards off the bench.

Larger group shown using 150 gr. Hornady SP - Smaller group using 195 gr. Hornady SP both using H4350 powder and CCI 200 primers.

This Turk shot as well as my Swede 96 Mauser today - These rifles are not a piece of C---!

I picked this rifle up at the Reno, NV gunshow. Had been looking for a M93 with the remnants of the magazine cut-off for a while. Bore looks like new. Outside looks well used.
Shoots great.

Tiledude

·
Registered
658 Posts
Turks are certainly not junk like some folks think...they are great rifles!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a 1941 K. Kale Turkish Mauser and it is a very nice shootin' rifle. It is probaby more accurate than any of my K98 Mausers. The rifle is was in very nice shape and has a great bore and very little muzzle wear or throat erosion. It was a great value at less than $80.00.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I agree - They are a great deal and all of mine shoot well. They sure can look rough on the outside though.

I have another Turk M93 with the pistol-grip stock an it shoots great also. If the bore is good they usually shoot great!

Tiledude

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Shot my Turkish M93 at the range today with 7.92x57 handloads.

100 yards off the bench.

Larger group shown using 150 gr. Hornady SP - Smaller group using 195 gr. Hornady SP both using H4350 powder and CCI 200 primers.

This Turk shot as well as my Swede 96 Mauser today - These rifles are not a piece of C---!

I picked this rifle up at the Reno, NV gunshow. Had been looking for a M93 with the remnants of the magazine cut-off for a while. Bore looks like new. Outside looks well used.
Shoots great.

Tiledude
How many grains in the load for the 93? I have one and was curious.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M93 Turk 7.92 x 57 load

The loads were: 7.92 x57 Mauser

54.0 gr H4350, Hornady 150 gr sp, CCI 200 primer, bullet seated to canelure, Fed brass.

48.1 gr H4350, Hornady 195 gr sp, CCI 200 primer, bullet seat to canelure, Fed brass.

Both bullets were .323 diam.

The 195 grain load is particularily accurate. I am going to try it in my Remington Mod 700 Classic 8mm Mauser rifle with a scope.

These loads were safe in my rifle with no signs of excessive pressure - If you use these loads I would suggest working up to them in your rifle.

Good luck!

Tiledude

1 - 6 of 6 Posts