Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! We decided to spend the 4th celebrating one amendment in particular, with the following results from my PU. 100 yards/seated bench rest on sandbags/factory Privi ammo.

Pattern Circle Design Plaid Tile

The first shot was right after we cleaned the barrel (and right after I had fired a .270 with a much shorter trigger pull!) so it went way wide. The next 5 are all in the white, with a spread of 1 5/16". I had a decent group going on the last 4 until the final one was low. Judging by the subsequent bruise on my right shoulder, it may have been the result of not being tucked in quite tight enough.

Hoping to get up to speed for the Spring event in Quantico.

·
Registered
21,246 Posts
Right now we got 4 PU shooters for this fall match at Quantico, could be 6 if Devious 6 and son show up from Pa, could be 7 if Hvalinka leaves his Finn at home and brings a PU or PEM. There is plenty of room on firing line for Roza and team to push our numbers higher and dominate the match. Now that would be sweet.

Mike Radford and NC Reptile are a few hours south of us, maybe they might get religion and join the choir ?

Those here on the board that have other sniper rifles are invited. Shaun brought a Japanese sniper and shot it last match. Way Cool !

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
Very nice Roza and I am sure you are having fun. I hope you make the match and do well.

Skip, I am about 5-6 hrs further away than Alden. I may make it someday anyway but my current parental care obligations have me tied down. Just getting a weekend away is a major undertaking right now. You guys and gals are gonna have to show them what a Mosin can do.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Can't wait for the match. Hopefully we pick up some more people to attend! Also, nice groups Roza. What kind of PPU ammo if you don't mind me asking?
Roza is using Factory Prvi 182 gr. FMJ. This rifle has proven to hold the center-line of the target very well over multiple shooting sessions. The second four shot group spread a little but she got belted once from not holding the butt stock tight into her shoulder and has a bruise. :tisk:

·
Registered
328 Posts
'ems fightin' words there johnny reb.;)

Second only to my Swiss K31 with K-diopter that Mosin PU is my most costly milsurp.
Hah! I'm actually a Yankee transplant from RI. I like it much better down here in VA. Its fun going to Quantico for the day then seeing all the funny looks people give when they see a few PUs on the firing line.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One question about the Quantico match: in the "official rules" I think it states you can't use any non-original cheek rests. I have a leather cheek rest (that I believe was made by someone on this list) whose primary purpose is to protect some extremely expensive dental work from recoil. Will that disqualify me from the competition? Bragging rights aren't worth the expense of more dental work. Although the look on my dentist's face when I explain what caused the damage might be priceless....

·
Registered
21,246 Posts
Will that disqualify me from the competition? Bragging rights aren't worth the expense of more dental work. Although the look on my dentist's face when I explain what caused the damage might be priceless....
Not to worry on cheek piece .

Most are worried about looking bad at a match and don't get the take home: you get better at the match and walk off shooting 300 to 1000 yds and know how to do it , then you build on that experience.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.