Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My m/41B has a stock with four range plate holes. I think it's a replacement stock because it doesn't match to the rifle. Can I mount an m/96 range plate on the stock or is this not correct for an m/41B sniper?

cavalry

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
m41b was never intended for ammo other then 142.5gr M/41 round... With that said, what if a selected rifle for a sniper already had a range plate on the stock prior to being selected as a sniper conversion candidate??? It would be interesting to know from the folks with more extensive M/41 and/or M41b knowledge.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,203 Posts
Your rifle to do with as you please . No need for a range plate on a sniper because they never used M94 ammo ( 156 grain ) . Both the M55 leaf sight & scope Ajack were calibrated for the M41 ammo . Whether we can prove the plate was put on when the stock was on the sniper action is very questionable ?????????? Possible , but not likely . SAMCO is known for building M41b snipers from parts , so that may be the reason for a mismatched stock with range plate holes on your sniper . It won't hurt to add the range plate just to cover the holes , but not correct in my opinion .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts