Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree with Charlie.

I do not see that many second F block guns. I have seen a bunch of second G block guns??
So why would that be ?? I have a slotted one . Anyone ever seen the stock for that one?? Reminds me of a Lahti I saw with the original stock. Only one of those I ever saw.
Hah, I just looked and have another F block, F003X
Here's my slotted one D22XX .

Attachments

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
74,962 Posts
I have seen repo stocks for the Radom. Originals are few and far between.

It is illegal to attach a stock (even if original) to a slotted Radom.

·
74,962 Posts
Why is that ? Hi-Powers, Broomhandles and Artillery Lugers, are OK.
Who knows. Perhaps there were not enough repo Radom stocks around at the time the classification was made. If I recall correctly, the repo Radom stocks showed up on the market many years after the decision on the others were made.

·
Banned
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who knows. Perhaps there were not enough repo Radom stocks around at the time the classification was made. If I recall correctly, the repo Radom stocks showed up on the market many years after the decision on the others were made.
My understanding is that Reagan said, "If it was issued with a stock, then it's not illegal". [Or something akin to that]. Now I have heard that he was talking about "ORIGINAL" stocks, not reproductions. Also, even though any Luger will accept a stock, only the Artillery ones are approved. I'd like to get a stock for my Radom or at least see what one looks like. .

·
Registered
704 Posts
There is no blanket statement for attaching a stock to pistols, one must consult the NFA exemptions list from the ATF. There are actually fairly specific requirements for what is exempt and what is not. Another item of note is "constructive intent". Basically this means that if you have a stock for X pistol, but X pistol is not exempt from the NFA nor is it a registered SBR, then that can be a big no-no as well. Any violation of NFA law can result in significant punishment. A few minutes of reading over the exemption list is well worth it. Just my $0.02.

As far as why some are exempt and others aren't? It's the government, do you really think they would make it easy for us? A lot of their rulings lack much rhyme or reason.

·
Registered
704 Posts

Very bottom of the page, 2018 download link is the most recent. Section 3 and 3a are what is exempt. It is important to know that if you look around some, you may find individual amendments to the list, which effectively expand the list. I have not seen any individual amendments which take items off the list. I do not know of any one location that has all the individual amendments.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
I may buy a repro stock but would not put it on anything. The repro stocks are uncommon and expensive.

On the second F block guns, I would not be surprised that most of the kits(Steyr got them in parts kits with no barrels to help stop pilfering by the Poles) sent to Steyr were lost to air raid and other losses by rai., like we think of the second H block guns. Just a theory, we do not know IMO.

If I found a second F block for a decent price, I would likely buy it.

A first D block is a nice gun to have, slotted MSH ran into first E block. The slotted guns always bring a premium.

·
Banned
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I may buy a repro stock but would not put it on anything. The repro stocks are uncommon and expensive.

On the second F block guns, I would not be surprised that most of the kits(Steyr got them in parts kits with no barrels to help stop pilfering by the Poles) sent to Steyr were lost to air raid and other losses by rai., like we think of the second H block guns. Just a theory, we do not know IMO.

If I found a second F block for a decent price, I would likely buy it.

A first D block is a nice gun to have, slotted MSH ran into first E block. The slotted guns always bring a premium.
I don't even know what they look like . Flay board, or holster like ?

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
I have never owned a repro stock. The number of originals made was very low. The number of repros was also very low and they were pricey from day one. I saw a repro posted maybe 20 years ago and IIRC they looked more like a BHP/p35(b) stock vs the flat board of say an Art. Luger. Probably the best place to see one would be on a Radom forum or from the museum in Poland.

·
Banned
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought these years ago at a local big gun show. The one with the holster , the guy said would fit a Hi_power or a Radom, and it did. Can't find any stamps on them. The Hi-Power is pre war.

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts

·
74,962 Posts
I've personally inspected several repro Radom stocks, they are all similar to the C96 holster-stock and were manufactured using the original blueprints. According the VIS Radom by York, he believes that all original stocks, if made, have been lost to time.

Example of a repro: https://www.rockislandauction.com/d...der-stock-for-a-polish-radom-model-35-semiaut
I have been told that there are 1 or 2 in a museum in Poland. The person who told me is Polish and has a large Radom collection both here and in Poland.

·
Banned
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.