1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
13,136 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
Exceptional example and one of the last with finger relief cuts. I have one near that serial number. Somebody posted a first K block recently, maybe on Jan's, very close serial number with no relief cuts. Great score, papers, holster!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exceptional example and one of the last with finger relief cuts. I have one near that serial number. Somebody posted a first K block recently, maybe on Jan's, very close serial number with no relief cuts. Great score, papers, holster!
Thanks, I must admit I'm a bit ignorant on these.
I don't collect German firearms but do make an exception for occupied ones.
I knew about the Imperial, captured Imperial, three lever, etc... but had to look up finger relief cuts.

Thanks again for the comment, I learned something and that's something I like doing.

·
Copper Bullet member
305 Posts
Only other thing I have learned recently is to NEVER shoot steel-cased 9mm in my Radoms. The chamber is so precise, the steel case "form-fits" to the chamber & they extract poorly on every one. Brass case=never a problem...DD

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Beautiful Radom! Very, very nice pickup with provenance. Hard to understand families giving up Grandpa's trophy, but at least this went to a person who will protect & cherish it! Two thumbs up! DD
I took the capture paper to have professionally framed using UV blocking acrylic and acid free paper.
I've wanted one of these for a long time, just never came upon the right one.

This pistol has a good home now that's for sure, and I'm glad the family sold it instead of doing what some do and instead would have had it "cleaned" up or refinished.
My neighbor has a Luger and K98 that were captures, both were chromed some years back...
Horrible.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.