Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone have a source (hard copy or online) for complete disassembly of the P-83? I recently purchased one of these and it still has cosmoline in many of its nooks and crannies. I would like to do a complete disassembly to thoroughly clean it but have not yet found a resource. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RussB

· Gold Bullet member
379 Posts
Field stripping is done by pulling a frame mounted dis-assembly block down and moving the slide rearward, upward and forward out of the frame. You can remove the grip panels, but I wouldn't advise further dis-assembly other than that! blast everything with a good solvent...get out the q-tips and dental picks! Z

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ZBiker,

Thanks for your input. Though I have never before owned a P-83, I do have 35yrs experience with firearms and have completely disassembled and built too many to list. Always had a manual or some refrence to do the job though. I can probably figure it out but thought I would ask here first to save any unknown headaches!

RussB

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Curley1 for the "welcome" and the link. It helped. I soaked and scrubbed the assembled lower in some modified Ed's Red which did the job nicely. Still would like to find a decent resource for disassembling the pistol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.