Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A neighbor of mine has a 1929 K98 Radom mauser that he wants to sell. It is in very good shape with a near mirror bore. There is some rust on the receiver, but not much. It is all matching as far as I can tell. No import marks. What would be a fair price to offer him?

·
Registered
347 Posts
These are getting really pricey these days. I guess the question is what does HE think a fair price is. I'm not advocating snowing him here, but you might jump at the going rate is for that rifle. I'd hesitate to say a number, simply because there are far more knowledgeable folks here than I, but it won't be a low number. :)

Bill? Doc? Peter? Someone?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy is going to sell it to a local dealer if I don't make him a reasonable offer - I need to know the value of this rifle guys. It does have the crest on it and is in pretty decent shape.

·
Registered
658 Posts
What the heck...offer him $250. I doubt the dealer will give him anything for it. Not that I have a clue how much it's worth, but it's a nice round number :p

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well, Since there haven't been a ton of responses (which i think is kinda odd), I'd have to agree with ab4ka. $250 is a good number. Personally, I'd probably bump it up to $275. It'll make him feel a bit better, since it's closer to $300, but won't sting as much for you. I think that would be fair. Good lord, these things are getting pricey! :p

·
Gold Bullet member
751 Posts
let me know if you want to sell it after you get it from your neighbor .
Polish Mauser (matching) should be (IMO) worth slightly more than German /Russian refurb. RC are selling from SOG or CA for $200 up to $300 for specific codes ,so I think if you get it for $275 with mirror bore ,you should be a happy camper. No import marks is a big plus, so if the guy wants a little more , I would give it to him.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Check the auction sites for recent sales to get an idea of ballpark. These are hard to find in matching nice condition, so I'd guess anything short of $300 would not be unreasonable, and $250 or south would be great.

·
Registered
953 Posts
If a real Polish mauser (not scrubbed) and all matching, the value would likely approach or exceed $1,000 to a Polish collector. If it has the crest, it is likely not a SCW piece, for which value would be around $250 or $300.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Go with the neighbor to the dealer. Make a deal with a pre-arranged signal between the two of you that you will match the dealers offer, if the dealers offer is above your "bid" price, no signal, the neighbor sells to the dealer and everybody is happy. Plus there will be no hard feelings about "lowball" offers, as you are the only one who knows your high end limit.
PS. And if the dealer lowballs, you can always add up to the $275-300 mentioned above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts