Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to fire my no 4 the other day. I've very pleased, at 75 yard it shot a very tight groups with 3 rounds touching and almost in the same hole! I'm curious though, on the ejection side there is an "R" stamped into the receiver like this (not my photo)

I've been trying to find info but I've only found guesses that it may be refurbished/rebuilt or that the armorer found rust. Anyone got any definitive answers?

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
That is not an R.

Its a 'foreign' marking (Iraqi, Turkish or similiar - I cannot remember which), read it the same way up as its marked, not assuming its an R on its side.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Israeli comes to mind, but I wouldn't swear to it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw a few other people asking about this "R" and they usually got an answer about rust but the bore on my rifle is pretty shinny and couldn't have been very rusty if it ever was. I can't imagine they'd go to the trouble of stamping a rifle with a little surface rust that could just be brushed out. Also now that it's been pointed out that it may not be an "R" I've noticed that the bottom of the hump is missing and looked at sideways (or rather not sideways maybe) it does look kind of middle eastern

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.