Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the bores looking like on the rifles that people are receiving...

·
Gold Bullet member
2,269 Posts
i broke down and ordered two a week ago.got a 43 tula and a 43 ivesk.. the ivesk is all matching with prefix stamps in front of all the matching numbers...scope serial # on the side of the barrel shank matches scope. no number on scope mount...

the tula is matching but the orginal barrel shank scope number was xed out and replaced with a new number i assume durin refurb . the scope matches the new number.no prefixes infront of any of the matching numbers..on the bolt, butt plate and mag cover... no number on scope mount..they were poorly packed and the boxes perforrated where the scope mount locking screw is located. bores are great in both.. i was very specifi and these are not what i ordered but the restocking fee is 160 per..which i think is just too much to unpack a rifle inspect it and put it back on the shelf.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Define excellent?

My bore was filthy, and had some rust in it. After cleaning the lands and grooves look nice, there is no pitting, and the crown is good. Would the above be excellent?

It is better then most mosins I have had, with the only exception being an M39 that I have.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i broke down and ordered two a week ago.got a 43 tula and a 43 ivesk.. the ivesk is all matching with prefix stamps in front of all the matching numbers...scope serial # on the side of the barrel shank matches scope. no number on scope mount...

the tula is matching but the orginal barrel shank scope number was xed out and replaced with a new number i assume durin refurb . the scope matches the new number.no prefixes infront of any of the matching numbers..on the bolt, butt plate and mag cover... no number on scope mount..they were poorly packed and the boxes perforrated where the scope mount locking screw is located. bores are great in both.. i was very specifi and these are not what i ordered but the restocking fee is 160 per..which i think is just too much to unpack a rifle inspect it and put it back on the shelf.
Call Roger, see what he says. If you dont ask, you wont know. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Voland,
On mine the bore is bright and shiney. The lands and grooves are sharp. It almost looks like new. No pitting, frosting, etc.

Hi mjmd,
Just curious, what did you ask for when you ordered compared to what you recieved? Sounds like you got a couple of nice ones, but if they're not what you asked for, maybe they'd make it right if you asked.

Mike

·
Gold Bullet member
2,269 Posts
You Guys Are Right I Called Roger As Recommended...seems Like A Nice Guy.(they Are Burried) We Will See...i Probably Will Keep Them And If Roger Comes Up With What I Really Wanted I Will Have To Sell My Wife To Buy Them Too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts