Gunboards Forums banner

R Guns 91/30 sniper rifle

10K views 86 replies 29 participants last post by  Vic 
#1 ·
Holy Cow!!! $800 all original. I think I am going to check these out this Saturday. www.rguns.net

#12 ·
I have a question about the R-guns pic. Does it look like the stocks on the first few are freshly cut for the scope mount? I'm new to the snipers so I'm not sure what that area is supposed to look like. Not that it really matters that much, I'm just curious about it.
BTW- they are some nice looking guns. I too would like to here a report about them from anyone that gets one.

Mike

#14 ·
I have a definite-original 43 Izhevsk and the stock finish is just like these...

If these have the old scope numbers marked out with an asterisk ( * ) then then are legit and probably came out of Poland.

#15 · (Edited)
R Guns snipers

OK, called R Guns today and spoke with Roger. He says, for a fact, they are original. He was working a deal for some other guns when he spotted the sniper rifles, they were out for maintainence. They were not for sale, but he got them. He did not say which country they were from. He does not have them in stock as yet. They are due to arrive Thursday. They will have the import marking on the receiver, as the law requires the serial number be put on the receiver. He says the marking will be toned down. (Please!) There are Tulas among them. The pic, and these that he sent me to post here, were taken on site where the rifles were stored. This is all the info I have at this time. HOT DOG!

#16 ·
Well, I've been thinking it over and am really considering ordering one of these. It will probably get me in a heap of trouble with the other half as I just got one of the Century snipers and another from Samco (which arrived yesterday). Oh well, they say its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

Anyway, from what Duane said, these sound like they're going to be really nice. Do you guys think its gonna be a wise purchase? It appears to me that these things don't come around too often and it might not be a bad idea to jump on the band wagon while I can. Are you guys thinking the same thing? Also, do you feel the price is in line for what they are?

Thanks for your help and guideance. I'm new to the world of snipers and need all the help I can get.

Mike

#18 · (Edited)
a month!

"Doesn't that beat all. I called him and he told me it would be a month before they would be ready to sell."

GOOD! Maybe that will give me time to get over Knob Creek!!! ;-)
Pretty selfish, isn't it?
I emailed the fellow, got a blackberry msg back, short and sweet "these are real"
I'm going to have to swing on one of these, I guess.

#19 ·
I am heading there sometime this week. If they are in, I will ask to look at one or two. I am no expert concerning these types of rifles. These are going to be $800 compared to $3-400 snipers...what/where is the difference? If I can see one, I will write down info on makes, etc. I am mainly going to sift thru the 91/30's and nagants if they have them.

#20 ·
I don't mind waiting!

Creepie, if you get to look at the snipers, Look for the CH on both sides of the star on the barrel shank on the Tulas, and look for the scope number on the left side of the bbl shank , down near the woodline on the Izhevsks. The difference between these and the $3-400 rifles is that these, if as advertized, are the REAL DEAL! Roger assures me that they are, so this is a chance to be able to own a piece of history! Duane

#24 ·
Creepie, what I meant was to look for the C and the H , one letter on each side of the star. And it would be great if the scope number on the bbl shank matched the number on the scope, maybe some will?
I think if bolt was original one - with non US welded bent handle with original matching serial number than it would be a big plus too, and original stock too...

#26 ·
I'll try to work out a deal like we did before for members to get a discount on these if possible or some kind of deal if I can swing it for you guys.

#28 ·
Well, I just ordered a 91/30 sniper from them. I'm always a sucker for another gun that I don't really need. I figure though, hey, I just bought a nice repro sniper from IO for $450.00, real sniper rifles regardless of nationality NEVER go down in price, so why not get one? Not like you see them around a lot. Plus, I still kick myself in the mental ass for selling a No 1 Mk IV(T) with matching scope can and transit cast in 79' for $275.00 (paid $250.00 for it in 77'). I don't wanna kick myself again by passing up one of these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.