Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy an 1899 Oviedo M1895 carbine without bolt. I can also buy an Oviedo M1916 complete bolt.

The problem is the bolt came out of a rifle modified from 7mm to 7.62mm. Are the bolts changed in any way for this modification?

Regards,
Bill

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
BILL: The cartridge bases of the 7.62 NATO and the 7X57 are exactly the same. I've enclosed a pic of a M95 bolt with the 7.62 NATO. it and the 7X57 fits exactly alike.

First pic is the 7mm, 2d is the 7.62.

·
15,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for the quick responses. It looks like a M1916 bolt from a 7.62 rifle is unmodified and should work fine in a M1895 Spanish carbine (M1893 action). I have so far avoided the Spanish and Chilean 7.62mm modified rifles.

Neither Numrich, Springfield Sporters, Liberty Tree, nor Sarco has a bolt - which is why my buying the carbine is dependent on finding a bolt first. If this project comes together (likely will), I'll post photos.

If anyone has a M1893/M1916 complete bent handle bolt to sell, email me. Soon. Email sent to mkgr22.

Regards,
Bill

·
Silver Bullet member
3,509 Posts
Thanks to all for the quick responses. It looks like a M1916 bolt from a 7.62 rifle is unmodified and should work fine in a M1895 Spanish carbine (M1893 action). I have so far avoided the Spanish and Chilean 7.62mm modified rifles.

Neither Numrich, Springfield Sporters, Liberty Tree, nor Sarco has a bolt - which is why my buying the carbine is dependent on finding a bolt first. If this project comes together (likely will), I'll post photos.

If anyone has a M1893/M1916 complete bent handle bolt to sell, email me. Soon. Email sent to mkgr22.

Regards,
Bill
Geladen, I didn't get an email from you. The one I have has an unnumbered bolt body, and the shroud and safety both are marked 695. Cocking piece and firing pin unnumbered as well. I sent a PM with my email address.

·
15,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike,

The first email I sent (not PM) was through Gunboards (maybe a different address?). I just sent you another to the address you gave me.

Regards,
Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.