Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am leaving tommarow for seattle to go to alaska for a week, but happened by a pawn shop I occassionally haunt yesturday. Out picking up last minute stuff....They had a LNIB 213 in 9mm, with the wrap around grips. Did not have them get it out, just examined it in the case.....Gun looked excellent. Whats the opinion on these? I have never been a big fan of the chinese stuff...but if I were to ever try anything, it'd be one of these. I love the 7.62 and 9mm, and a tok in each would be great. They did want 300 firm, and I wouldn't pay more then 250 for it. I might be selling a beretta centurion, and would apply some of that money to this....really want to stock up more ammo and mags, and pick up a yugo tok and maybe a 9mm tok.......

What do you guys think? Really hard to find mags for them? I do not know if it had the different 9mm mag, or if it took standatd 7.62 mags with spacers.........I have to say the guns finish was nice, and it looked excellent. Did not have a lanyard loop though, and never did....

Any bad experiences with these?

Also looking at zastava m88's in 9mm.....anyone have an m88 and a pm makarov? If so could you post a pic of them side by side? I am curious how large these m88's are....probably pretty difficult finding a holster for them.....

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,262 Posts
Solid, just not sexy looking. And 3 bills is a bill too much IMO. Actually, it's a bill and a half too much for my area.

SlimTim

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, if I do it I'll watch gunbroker.....Still debating selling the beretta centurion, as I love it....and it allows me to keep the nib italian made 92fs in the safe. But, the 350-400 I could get for it would buy a lot of ammo.....and do I really need to high cap beretta's? I am too anal retentive.....think guns should never show any wear. So, I hate holstering the nib italian 92. Don't want ANY wear on the finish....if I can change that attitude, maybe I can sell the centurion.....

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
seen quite a few my way recently. most about $200 for just the pistol, $250 for pistol and holster. my only gripe is when I flick off the safety the screw digs into my thumb. could be fixed with a pan head countersunk screw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Norinco 213 in 9mm

I`ve got 2 of them, I rotate them for personal defense.I use a Safariland shoulder rig. Love them both!
I am leaving tommarow for seattle to go to alaska for a week, but happened by a pawn shop I occassionally haunt yesturday. Out picking up last minute stuff....They had a LNIB 213 in 9mm, with the wrap around grips. Did not have them get it out, just examined it in the case.....Gun looked excellent. Whats the opinion on these? I have never been a big fan of the chinese stuff...but if I were to ever try anything, it'd be one of these. I love the 7.62 and 9mm, and a tok in each would be great. They did want 300 firm, and I wouldn't pay more then 250 for it. I might be selling a beretta centurion, and would apply some of that money to this....really want to stock up more ammo and mags, and pick up a yugo tok and maybe a 9mm tok.......

What do you guys think? Really hard to find mags for them? I do not know if it had the different 9mm mag, or if it took standatd 7.62 mags with spacers.........I have to say the guns finish was nice, and it looked excellent. Did not have a lanyard loop though, and never did....

Any bad experiences with these?

Also looking at zastava m88's in 9mm.....anyone have an m88 and a pm makarov? If so could you post a pic of them side by side? I am curious how large these m88's are....probably pretty difficult finding a holster for them.....

·
Silver Bullet member
420 Posts
There are two different mags for these. A narrow mag where there is a spacer in the grip or a wide mag that has a 9mm spacer in the mag. There are also two different size ejection ports, one that will only work with 9mm and the other that can take 7.62 cases. If this one takes a wide mag then you can also use standard T-33 mags for the 9mm. You may also be able to convert it to 7.62 if it has the longer ejection port.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I thought I would love mine, but after a year or so I got rid of it. It just isn't the same in 9mm, and doesn't have the same cool factor as the 762 military versions. I ended up selling mine for less than I had in it to put towards a taurus revolver that I love.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The price is definitely too high, but they are solid guns. Here's a pic of my 213 that I originally picked up a few years ago for $99. Since then I've modified it a little with grips, a compensator, and converting it to 7.62x25. Mine has the smaller ejection port, but it still ejects fired cases fine. I agree that there's a definite cool factor with 7.62 ammo than with 9mm. It's an easy enough conversion so switching back and forth isn't a big deal. One of these days I might mess with upgrading the sights & refinishing it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They are custom. I ordered some palm swell grips from marstars in Canada for one of the different Norinco TT-33 clones they have. Once I got them fitted (had to cut a hole on one side for the lanyard ring since I didn't want to cut that off the gun) I used some JB weld then sanded it how I wanted it, then painted them with textured paint for patio furniture. The only reason I added the beavertail was because I was getting hammer bite. I think they turned out well.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,262 Posts
I didn't think they were original, but thought they might be something an importer came up with. Lots of us out here with cracked wrap-around grips.

Thanks for the explanation. They do look nice.

SlimTim

PS: You actually ordered from Marstar and received the goods? I've never successfully ordered from them.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
How about this 213? I just dropped a $100 deposit on a 213A with 2 hi cap matching mags. The paper atatched to it with the price also said model L213A. I think its jusst a 213A. Very good condition, blued, $185.

Is $185 a good price? Why cant I find any info on the hicap norinco 213?

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
How about this 213? I just dropped a $100 deposit on a 213A with 2 hi cap matching mags. The paper atatched to it with the price also said model L213A. I think its jusst a 213A. Very good condition, blued, $185.

Is $185 a good price? Why cant I find any info on the hicap norinco 213?
Yes, that is good deal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
SlimTim, yeah I'd called them previously for parts, but they never seemed to have anything in stock. Then I called them about grips and the guy I spoke to seemed to actually know what he was doing and said a shipment was coming in a couple weeks so I placed an order. They showed up about three weeks later. Maybe I lucked out since I've heard others not having that kind of luck.

I wonder if the hi-cap 213 could be converted from 9mm to 7.62x25...hmmm a 12+ round Tok would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
706 Posts
My house is a Tokarev junk yard.
The parts are interchangeable, except for the 213.
That hammer group is different.

The 9mm barrels for the 213 I have converted to 9x23 or other Tokarevs.
When I see a Tokarev at the gunshow, I pay the most for Russian, and the least for 213.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts