Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, picked this sling up from Wally last weekend, priced right & some trade. First, what is the meaning of the 3/10 and lettering? If the lettering should face out I am going to have to reverse the folds. Not too stiff, Wally said use a hair drier (for those who know me I haven't needed a hair dryer for about 35 years!!). It doesn't appear it was ever correctly mounted on a rifle? Note the buckle end seems unused ?? I don't believe it to be a repro, too much age, thoughts?? Any help will be appreciated. Skid

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Nice sling. Hard to find the laminated slings in that condition. The writing should be on the inside. The writing is all numeric 3/10 - 7 8. No idea on the meaning. Did it come with a buckle & keeper?

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for info. See attached. Will put writing to the inside (the way it is folded). The buckle was in that position when I got it - obviously wrong, but been like that for a while. Has one keeper & steel button. May see if I have a similar keeper in my box. One for buckle & one for lower loop. I usually see the button to the top on Japanese rifles? Now, I hope I can get it put on correctly - with hair dryer. The flat buckle portion of the sling is pretty stiff. Skid

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
These T-38 style slings should only have one keeper. Rubberized ones like this are often seen originally mounted on T-99 rifles.
This photo might be helpful in how they are mounted

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Jareth, already on one of my snipers. The only Rubberized sling I have. Now all 7 Snipers have "real" Slings. Think I got a nice leather one from you at the last, or 2 years ago, MAX, plus some other goodies. Thanks for the offer. Saw Russell & Mitch (?) at the Pomona show, nice Japanese display. Skid

1 - 7 of 7 Posts