Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Commercially marked Webley Mark IV (serial number A38028) at a gunshow yesterday.The top of the backstrap is marked S P F and below it the number 3112. The number 3112 is also painted on the left grip. The seller claimed it was made for the Singapore Police Force. Is this true?

The pistol has a short frame, and the grips extend about 1.5 inches below the metal. The lanyard is on a long post. The grips also extend back about half an inch. I have not seen this kind of frame on Webley previously. Was this common on commercial Webley's?

·
Silver Bullet member
2,022 Posts
The seller is correct about the SPF marking.

It's not uncommon to find late Webley MK IV revolvers with the short grip casting and a cross bolt safety.

I would guess your revolver is from the early 1960's.

Best regards,

Greg

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yes, yours is a Singapore Police revolver, and the A- series serial no. sequence ran from 1947 to 1957 or thereabouts. The smaller frame ("overhand pocket model") Mark IV is common on commercial guns, having been used on the predecessor Marks II and III, and the smaller frame was commonly used on the shorter barrelled revolvers until production ceased.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello

Does your Webley Mark IV Revolver look something like this?

I bought this a couple of months back for $100 (U.S.). I already posted a photo in this section, but here it is once more.
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts