Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Czech 52 rifle for sale this evening and have several questions. (It's in the original 7.62x45mm)

Do these rifles have the major parts serialized?
I can see only the serial number on the receiver....is this normal?
Or should it be repeated on any components?

It is in original finish and configuration, and priced at $275.
Is this price ok?

Did this rifle every see comabt with any of the Iron Curtain countries?
Africa? etc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Serialized Parts

As I'm looking at my VZ-52 right now, here are the parts that are numbered:

- receiver
- stock
- piston cover

I didn't find any numbers on the bolt or barrel or anything else. Anyway, $275 seems ok. Just make sure that the bore isn't a sewer pipe like most VZ-52 rifles I've seen.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Also the inside of my handguard is stamped, and my bolt and bolt carrier are electro penciled. However, none of my parts match.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Bayoned, all of the parts mentioned by the other posters should have the rifles serial number.

These rifles(both Vz 52 as well as the Vz 52/57) saw service and continue to serve all over the third world with various guerrilla / terrorist organizations. I have recently seen quite a few photos of these rifles which were captured in Iraq. In the past I have seen photos of P.L.O. terrorists as well as various African fighters using these rifles. Nicaraguan Sandinista's as well as The Communists of Grenada used these rifles prior to their overthrow.

Here is a composite photo of a all matching Vz 52/57.

·
Registered
786 Posts
That's a nice collage of photos you've got there. I believe you've posted it before but it's nice to see.

The VZ52 is really a handsome rifle to be sure, at least in my humble opinion. The "top" photo at the bottom is especially handsome, I think. I looks like a torpedo it's so sleek.

Bayoned, just so you know, these rifles have a unique trait....they eject to the left! So, don't be alarmed when you see that happen the first time you take it to the range!

Rome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts