Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in about 1984 or 1985 I purchased the following: A DUV Gewehr-43 with no crossouts or anything, a rebuilt/restored ZF4 mount and ZF4 scope, Nazi 8mm ammo, and the 1982 book on German Snipers. Afterwards I found a place in Poland that made reproduction scope covers, slings and ammo pouches and had those made for me. I never shot it because I just wanted it on the wall with my P38 from 1941 and photos of my grandparents who were in the Warsaw Ghetto and freed eventually by the Russians. My Pop (I knew him in the 1960s - 1970s) told me he was in Berlin for a while as a prisoner machinist at a firearms plant in Lubecher before being shipped to Warsaw and then further to Aushwitz-Berkinau. I sometimes ponder selling it because I am afraid of firing something that's 80 years old. If I did sell it, does it have any value beyond just to me? I was thinking of selling it to my LGS for a pair of M1A Tankers.

Brown Wood Textile Rectangle Beige
Wood Bag Motor vehicle Luggage and bags Bumper
Wood Gas Auto part Metal Machine
Door Wood Automotive exterior Gas Tints and shades
Bumper Wood Rectangle Automotive exterior Tints and shades
Font Rectangle Tints and shades Paper product Monochrome photography
Wood Trigger Machine gun Air gun Gun accessory

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The G43 is worth at least 2000. and with the scope much more. They are finicky rifles, and the gas system many times has to be played with. The 8mm ammo you are showing is NOT for the G43. It is for the Austro/Hungarian Mannlicher rifles. The 8mm Mauser for this rifle is 8x57 or in Europe , 7,92 x 57. The G43 is without a doubt better than the M1A Tankers since the historical value of this gun is great.

·
Registered
418 Posts
There are not enough pictures to judge the value of the actual rifle. The butt plate is not correct for the rifle and the stock color/appearance looks questionable (repro). The scope mount also looks to be a reproduction, as well as the sling, scope covers & mag pouch so not much value there. Depending on how good the rifle is, $2500 give or take.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
There are not enough pictures to judge the value of the actual rifle. The butt plate is not correct for the rifle and the stock color/appearance looks questionable (repro). The scope mount also looks to be a reproduction, as well as the sling, scope covers & mag pouch so not much value there. Depending on how good the rifle is, $2500 give or take.
It's a Brazilian m1954 buttplate....These were sold as good substitutes until the reproduction G43 ones came out....Both scope and mount are copies....About $2K for everything...Bodes

·
Registered
418 Posts
It's a Brazilian m1954 buttplate....These were sold as good substitutes until the reproduction G43 ones came out....Both scope and mount are copies....About $2K for everything...Bodes
I was being generous in light of the junk some people are buying for huge amounts of money.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,767 Posts
G/k43 rifles have been selling for way more than $2500 lately.

That said that looks like a repro stock or a post war production at least..

So $2500 may be a reasonable value.

The other goodies will add more obviously and in my opinion are worth more separate.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I agree with 2500 for the rifle by itself. I sold an ugly, horribly sportered one on Gunbroker and managed to get 1900 for it. This should bring more. It’s not correct but looks the part, as they say.

No idea on the scope and mount but I’m very sure they’re worth something. Just not my area of expertise.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes G/K43's and especially their paraphernalia are going up up up.
I basically traded a 359 mount, scope, and a few rare lens covers to Mr. Weaver for a nice Finn capture SVT sniper. Then a week later when I saw what everything was listed for I realized I could have simply traded the lot for Finland instead.
Post some good clear pics of the mount & optic with emphasis on any markings to be sure of what you have.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
The scope arrow with tail was found only on late war 'dow' scopes....The one in the picture doesn't look like an original to me, hence it too is likely a copy....Bodes

OP's scope

Known original late war scope...

·
Registered
418 Posts
The scope arrow with tail was found only on late war 'dow' scopes....The one in the picture doesn't look like an original to me, hence it too is likely a copy....Bodes
That is very interesting about the arrow, didn't catch that. The scope you show as an original has traits that are normally associated with repro scopes. On original scopes, the transition from round to square has a very defined line whereas the scope you showed does not.

Motor vehicle Gas Cylinder Auto part Metal
Revolver Motor vehicle Trigger Air gun Bumper

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
That is very interesting about the arrow, didn't catch that. The scope you show as an original has traits that are normally associated with repro scopes. On original scopes, the transition from round to square has a very defined line whereas the scope you showed does not.
The picture came from Claus Espeholt's ZF4 website, so it may be a postwar Czech one....The arrow however would have been the same as the late war ones....The one on the rifle in question clearly has different characteristics....Bodes

ZF4

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
G/k43 rifles have been selling for way more than $2500 lately.

That said that looks like a repro stock or a post war production at least..

So $2500 may be a reasonable value.

The other goodies will add more obviously and in my opinion are worth more separate.
It's so hard for me to know what it's worth because when I did a Google search everything sold years ago. So that makes it hard to know if that's still what something is worth. My initial intent was to just sell it for whatever the cost of a pair of M1A Tankers cost. I suppose an M1A Tanker and just the standard ((both walnut) would make it about $3.3K but if it did turn out that it was all worth $2.5K I think I'd just leave it in the back of the safe for another 40 years and let me kids deal with what they want to do with it (I'll long since be dead by then).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts