Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked one up yesterday at a show. Could only make out an "8" in the ink stamp on the inside of the flap. I was hoping it was a 1918 to match my Luger. Well under better light I could see the inkstamp was 1908 and a couple of letters and "11". Also found a faint date of stamped pressing "1908" just above the ink stamp. Stamped maker name on outside of Holster is "???LENFELD & Co." over "BARMEN". Has the outside compartment for a spare magazine. Inside compartment for the small tool. Holster is very solid with some crazing and a few small parts where the outer skin of the leather has come off due to crazing. It is brown in color. Also has a belt with "11" on it and a stamped triangle about 1/2 inch equal sides with a "K" in it and a couple of other letters I can't make out. The belt is very good condition, better than the holster. The question is, does the year make it worth more since it is a first year production holster? If so, I would sell it and find a lesser value one with correct year for my Luger. TIA, EDINOH.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Hey Edinoh,
I think that the condition of the holster may keep it from comanding much af a premium because of the date. I have seen quite a few 1908 dated holsters on the market, and they do not seem to be that much higher in price that the later dated ones. It is possible that if you sold this one, you may end up spending more on a replacement, because prices seem to be climbing faster than reason, for this, I blame Tuco.
Best wishes
Gus

·
Registered
508 Posts
Luger holster

Hi,I was looking through a list of holster makers by John Walter and the name on yours shuold be Muhlenfeld & companie Barmen -1915-1918-

Mariko

1 - 4 of 4 Posts