Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up another PU and was comparing the scope to my other PU. It is oddly different on the eyepiece end and has a tinted glass. Are either of these scopes legit? Both appear to be same tube mfg plant. Maybe the tinted glass has to be a replacement or someone repaired just that piece? The tube markings appear correct. Turrets, mounts everything else looked correct (based off the fake mosin Pu page). Thoughts appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The one with the coated lens may have been refurbed more than once and the coated lens added more recently.It has the same appearance as the coated lenses on later Soviet optics such as the PSO-1 and 1p21.

Edit.....just noticed both scopes have two refurb depot stamps, both for the 2nd GRAU Arsenal in Kiev.I have a 1940 NKV Plant No.357 “Progress” SVT scope on my ‘44 Izhevsk PU that was refurbed at the same Arsenal , which seems to have refurbed a heck of a lot of PU rifles and scopes over the years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.