Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a friend's bcd 45 and noticed something I'd not seen before. On the right side of shroud were the letters ghn or gnn (the letters were lightly enough stamped I was not sure if the second letter was an n or an h). I've not seen this before and Law's book was no help. Is this a legitimate subcontractor for late bolt shrouds.

The serial number on the rifle was barely into the 92000 block. Again Law lists the highest serial number observed at 91697. Has anyone else seen bcd 45 serial numbers higher than that Law reported?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Don't know about bcd 45s but I have a 27 1938 lower than his published range - so it is safe to assume his data has some holes - Karem and Steves data is more extensive than Laws.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I was looking at a friend's bcd 45 and noticed something I'd not seen before. On the right side of shroud were the letters ghn or gnn (the letters were lightly enough stamped I was not sure if the second letter was an n or an h). I've not seen this before and Law's book was no help. Is this a legitimate subcontractor for late bolt shrouds.

The serial number on the rifle was barely into the 92000 block. Again Law lists the highest serial number observed at 91697. Has anyone else seen bcd 45 serial numbers higher than that Law reported?
Of course, bcd 4 and bcd 45 receivers were interspersed late in the war. Here are bcd 4 pics I have from my 97xxx rifle. Law info can be update with the "Kriegsmodell" book by Steves and Karim. I also sell a reference DVD of 6K pics and data sheets...

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts