Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this Calvary Carbine from a friend years ago and was planing on putting it up for sale but looking at the pictures I took I know I will get some questions that I will need to answer so I'm looking for some help, first there is only the serial number on the stock and the barrel and the 6.5 on the rear sight, is this a late feature on these carbines also there is these electric penciled letters added to the receiver L.P.P, does anybody have an ideas?

Chuck

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
622 Posts
Yes this is M-38 cavalry carbine. By the serial number it was made by Gardone VT in 1943. After 1943 only manufacturers only put the serial number on the barrel and no other markings. Most Carcano's were only serialized on the barrel and stock. A few had the bolt also numbered but around the WWI and earlier period. In regards to the L.L.P. not really sure but could be the vets initials if it is a non-import rifle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.