Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah... I got saddled with a fake type 30, and paid a full $75 for it. I should've seen it coming when the pawnshop owner took $75 for what seemed like a $120ish Tokyo Kokura bayo, but I'm new to the Arisaka and extremely new to the bayonets so I fell prey to the "Oh look, three circles, it must be the real thing" thought process. Now the question is: what kind of price could I possibly get for this accursed thing? Also, is there any way in hell that I can force this onto my T99 w/o damaging the rifle?

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,391 Posts
Mount it on a plaque with a tag that says "Never Again"
Then go spend a few bucks on some books or hang out here for a while so you don't get suckered again. Keep it off your rifle - no point in dicking up the finish.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,412 Posts
I wouldn't expect to get much for it at all let alone find someone interested. I don't get the new wave of reproductions of common bayonets for arisakas k98s and US stuff, it not like originals are hard to find or expensive. Sure many you see are expensive, but it will take little time to find any of them for under $100. You should have no problem finding a decent type 30 bayonet for $80 you just have to poke around a little online and more so at gunshows fleamarkets and the like. Do a search on bayonets on this board and you should come up with plenty of reference photos to help familiarize yourself. As far as your bayonet goes it can be used to open mail, slice pizza, cut cake ( I recommend cleaning it) and skewer useless inamnimate objects

·
Copper Bullet member
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the whole cow manure burying thing makes me want to wash it heavily. I'm probably gonna go out back and blow it to hell once I find enough explosives to adequately express my hatred at being scammed. Incidentally, I have been skewering useless inanimate objects with it, and also scaring the life out of some people I know by running the dull blade over my wrists and screaming as though I was dying. A really evil move, but fun nonetheless.

·
Kryptonite member
5,773 Posts
You were at the wrong place at the wrong time, we just sold a slew of decent T-30 bayonets for $50 each, one Mukden, 3-4 Jensens, rest common but at least average condition. Our next show is Lakeland in Jan. 16-17. Email me ([email protected]) the Tuesday-Wed before as aareminder and I'll save out a decent b'net at $75 or below, depending on what is left. They are still packed in the van.

·
Kryptonite member
5,773 Posts
You were at the wrong place at the wrong time, we just sold a slew of decent T-30 bayonets for $50 each, one Mukden, 3-4 Jensens, rest common but at least average condition. Our next show is Lakeland in Jan. 16-17. Email me ([email protected]) the Tuesday-Wed before as a reminder and I'll save out a decent b'net at $75 or below, depending on what is left. They are still packed in the van.

·
Registered
232 Posts
First of all, you always adjust the fit of the part or parts that are worth the least. In this case, do not harm to the rifle to make it fit.

So yeah... I got saddled with a fake type 30, and paid a full $75 for it. I should've seen it coming when the pawnshop owner took $75 for what seemed like a $120ish Tokyo Kokura bayo, but I'm new to the Arisaka and extremely new to the bayonets so I fell prey to the "Oh look, three circles, it must be the real thing" thought process. Now the question is: what kind of price could I possibly get for this accursed thing? Also, is there any way in hell that I can force this onto my T99 w/o damaging the rifle?

·
Gold Bullet member
3,258 Posts
Mount it on a plaque with a tag that says "Never Again"
Then go spend a few bucks on some books or hang out here for a while so you don't get suckered again. Keep it off your rifle - no point in dicking up the finish.
I got a good laugh out of this suggestion!

Sell it on Flea Bay and take whatever you get out of it and put it towards Ray LaBar's book. You might even be able to double your money if you can come up with a convincing "ghost story" and spooky photos to go with it. I'm not kidding!! "Ghost Items" sell well in the Paranormal/Something Weird section.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,594 Posts
Doss,

Way to go rub the poor guys face in it. Since we are at it, you must have gotten those bayonets for a song to sell 'em that cheap.

noob (your handle is way too long), we've all been ripped off at least once. Experience is a mother. Please just don't screw the next unsuspecting novice. It posions us all.

Enjoy, Shannon

·
Copper Bullet member
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will never tell anyone that this bayonet is anything other than what it really is. I absolutely hate that I got screwed like this, but I guess I hope the pawnshop owner did good with the money. I've got it for sale on the standard trader with double disclaimer that it's a repro and will not fit the type 99. I also made note that it's being sold only as a curiosity, not a functioning bayonet. I'd like to get an SKS magazine out of it or something useful at the very least, but I think I'll be stuck with this accursed POS for good. Might even sell it on EBay like yall suggested.
"Haunted Bayonet! Cursed by the soul of Barrack Obama! Warning, will destroy your second amendment rights and rip up any firearm licenses you happen to store near it!"

·
Silver Bullet member
15,766 Posts
FandSP,
I'll trade you an sks extended magazine for it, just so you won't feel so bad.

I am a gunsmith and have installed these on many rifles, they don't always fit or feed well without 'tweaking' so it you want it and it doesn't work in your rifle, I wouldn't want you saying I 'scammed' you.

The seller may not have scammed you, he may just be ignorant of Japanese bayonets.

PM or email me if you are interested.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heh, thanks 03man, but I got a trade offer yesterday that I accepted. Got 2 boxes of Norinco 7.62x39 ammo, which I've been interested in getting for a while now. So I guess it wasn't as bad as it could've been. Thanks for the offer though man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.