Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a type 3 short side rail mount. I'm familiar with Johnny at Accumounts and Igor Mikesq2b at eBay, but I'm not familiar with judozoo at eBay. Each offer a type 3 mount. It appears Mikesq2b and judozoo are offering the same one (but I'm not sure). Johnny is offering a different one.

So question is, has anyone had any experience with any of these three? I'm hoping this post doesn't fall under the rule of no live auction postings since they aren't auctions, but rather mass produced items each with their own buy page, not auctions with bidders.

I'm just pretty picky about things like this and want the mount to be made well with excellent metal, nothing soft, and I want things to fit more or less like a glove (as much as a repro can anyway).

I appreciate any help from anyone.

johnny accumount
http://cgi.ebay.com/type-3-SSR-snip...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

judozoo
http://cgi.ebay.com/SSR-sniper-scop...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Igors Mikesq2b
http://cgi.ebay.com/Type-3-Short-Si...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have one of Igor’s SSR mounts, it works well and to me, looks great.

However, I recall a post here about his LSR mount where someone found a flaw in the windage system. Can’t recall what it was and I don’t know if it would be carried thru to all of his side rail systems. However, my SSR from him works as to windage and the only issue as to shooting the rifle/scope/mount is the shooter (me).

However, there might be a 4th choice. Robert of K98K.com has made repo SSR in the past and they were marketed a few years ago by SARCO, Inc. I’ve never saw one of these in person. However, I do have one of his high turret mounts, which is truly flawless ( to me). It is my understanding that he makes certain mounts in batches and perhaps he plans on making a group of SSR’s in the near future. If your looking for perfect, well, again to me, he would be the person to contact. However, expect to pay an additional 2 or 3 hundred more for his product over those you have already listed here.

Best Regards

J. Strunk

·
Copper Bullet member
1,911 Posts
I have one of Igor’s SSR mounts, it works well and to me, looks great.

However, I recall a post here about his LSR mount where someone found a flaw in the windage system. Can’t recall what it was and I don’t know if it would be carried thru to all of his side rail systems. J. Strunk
I have one of his LSR mounts and have had no problems.

And in case you didn't know Johnny at Accumounts is a Gunboard sponsor and you can get the same mount from his website "http://home.comcast.net/~yzhu/accumount/class1/German/German.htm" for $219.00 shipped and Igor Mikesq2b at eBay is a Gunboard member.

·
Silver Bullet member
369 Posts
scope mounts

I got my Type 3 SSR from Numrich for arount $285.00. For this price
you dont get the D/T kit included. Mine is high quality and it works
fine and looks fine also.
Tks,
Bob32268

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah, I tried Robert. I've purchased a high turret mount from him in the past and it was incredible. He mentioned he doesn't have any plans in the near future for short side rail mounts, said he's busy making high turrets.

The mounts above are different in that the two appear to NOT have the two pin holes pre-drilled. The other one does.

Sarco has a type 3 ssr for $695. I asked for a photo and got a not great one. I can't tell if this is one of Roberts or not. It is more expensive than Roberts I know, maybe just Sarco's markup on the price. I emailed Robert to see if this is one of his mounts.

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
I can understand why Robert isn't doing any SSR, being that the market is currently flooded with both them, as well as, LSR.

If that mount at Sarco is Robert's, it's old, new stock and I think he went out on his own about 4 or 5 years ago. At that time, when they were his distributor here in the USA, I think they, Sarco wanted 4 or 5 hundred for one of his SSR.

Basically, here's what I'd do. Forget Sarco, even if it's one of Robert's, I dislike price gougers and that's what they are doing. I'd purchase the repo SSR with the drilled holes for the pins. No, I can't tell which seller has this and I don't know the quality of the steel. However, things change and in two or three years Robert may run a batch of SSR's and at that time, you can purchase one, change out the mount which is on the rifle and sell them. However, let me again add, I also have one of Robert's H/T systems and yet, I'm very satisfied with the SSR I purchased from Igor. In other words, once purchased and installed you might be happy with what you have. However, for now it appears you only have two choices from three venders.

Lot's of luck with this project

J. strunk

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Good points John. Seems like a lot of people have been very happy with Igor's service.

Does anyone know who that seller Judozoo is? His mount looks like it's the exact same as Igor's, but $100 less. Accumount's mount is clearly different than the other two (can look at the milling near the ring, it bleeds up into the top half ring when the others don't).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts