Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we allowed drum mags here? I keep seeing on gunbroker auctions for ak 75 rd drum mags that advise wichita ks is a no-no. I have never heard of any laws, see drum mags for sale at shows all the time. Any idea? I own a ton of 30 rd mags......

·
Registered
21 Posts
No problem at all. It was a city of Wichita law but now state law governs this. I believe much of the confusion stems from Sportsman Guide still insisting that Wichita bans high cap mags. Get a drum and enjoy. BTW I prefer the Chicom design.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i am starting to think I may get one drum....but ABSOLUTELY NO ATI drums.....problem is finding one. On gunbroker, its sometimes hard to discern.....Are the newer, 'made in romania' drums good? The ones where the key has 'made in romania' stamped on it? I don't know if I want to spend over 200 on a chinese, as people seem to think highly of the romanian......When I land a job here, my wife is letting me have my first check to celebrate graduation with. I am thinking a yugo tok, a grand of ak ammo, and a drum.....Maybe some yugo, hopefully the price will continue to fall on it......

Also saw SOG has a special this month on yugo toks.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think Copes has the Romanian drums (chicom type) for a decent price. Mine is Chinese but I've heard the Romanians are GTG. I have a Romanian (Russian type) and it works very well but I had to clean a ton of petrified cosmo out of it before it would. The good thing about the chicom design is that you can leave it loaded without the spring being tensioned. Good luck on the job hunt! We moved to the Wichita area about five years ago and like it alot. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.