Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
There are several Boolit making companies that make the long round nose projectile. I have some Sierra 160gr jacketed round nose that are close to them but they are expanding type boolits. The M94 shown are probably the 15? grain boolits and later on they went to a 140 grain boolit. They both are FMJ. I know Norma used to make a FMJ boolit for the 6.5 that was the heavier projectile. I had some for my 6.5 Jap. and I believe they made them inall the 6.5mm's. The educated boys on here will know what's what on this one.

· Registered
268 Posts
I plan to use caste Boolits in my Swedes. I have some J boolits in 6.5mm but for general shooting and maybe hunting, casting may be the way to go. I have 3 Swedes and have yet to shoot any of them. The darn weather is not co-operating. Dutchman is one of the guys, I believe that does most of his loaing with cast and gets very good results. It seems that the Boolit manufacturing companys are going to the high turnover products an the less sales proucts are on the back burner. I understand this to be the case with loaded ammunition, right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.