Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I note 'B'clips have different marks on rear. Some a letter and others what liiks like a german wafenampt eagle ?????

·
Platinum Bullet Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
correction on 'B' clips. I note all have a nazi swastika in circle beneath a waffenampt eagle. WW2 german mark for sure. How so if a M95 mannlicher ??????

·
Platinum Bullet Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then Germans used M95 during WW2 ???? Sorry, not up on all rifles.............Are the clips for the M95 scarce ?????

·
Gold Bullet member
1,419 Posts
M95 mannlicher = Austrian

German stampings are correct

Clips are not rare. Every case of M95 ammo comes with ammo in clips.
Seen many cases of 8x56r for sale lately?
While not exactly rare, you can easily get $5 a piece for those clips.

Germany manufactured ammo for the M95 in the late 30's for their allies of the former A-H Empire.
Seems as though Germany made their own clips, but packets of Nazi marked ammo will have a hodge podge of clips with every marking imaginable. Looks like they recycled clips from existing stockpiles.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Define rare.

While cases are not available from the vendors at the moment. They are still available on Auction sites etc.

SOG sold the M95 ammo for at least seven to eight years. So there are a LOT of empty clips out there.

I had several cases of it.

I'm sure that someone who wants to buy these types of clips for $5 bucks ea. will get good responses on thel WTB forums.

$5 is a fair price for good clips with stampings.

The good 8mm two piece clips often sell for up to $2 ea. German P coded two piece clips for much more. Specially on E Bay Europe. Now those are getting close to being "rare".

IMO M95 clips are not rare, yet.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Germany manufactured ammo for the M95 in the late 30's for their allies of the former A-H Empire.
Seems as though Germany made their own clips, but packets of Nazi marked ammo will have a hodge podge of clips with every marking imaginable. Looks like they recycled clips from existing stockpiles.
The Austrians manufactured their own 8x56R (and clips) until the Anschluss with Germany in 1938. The M95/30 was the standard rifle of the Austrian Bundesheer, and the Germans continued to manufacture ammunition until the plans for absorbing the Bundesheer into the Wehrmacht were finalized. Austrian units we re-armed with German weapons, with the M95s going to secondary use or sold off to Bulgaria.

There is a sticky on the Mannlicer board with a compendium of the various stamps found on M95 clips.

-Devo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.