Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a M42(b) with all the sights still on it. If i try and use the peep sight, the rear sight partially obscures the sight picture. Am I supposed to remove the rear sight every time I want to use the peep sight? Looks like it comes off pretty easy via a thumbscrew.

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I assume you are using a #4 (S-104) peep. Are trying to shoot at 25yds or longer? You should be able to shoot with the rear sight at the lowest elevation. What is your front sight?
It's a S-100. Yeah 25-50 yards. I could probably lower the rear sight, although I've got the rear sight dialed in and would prefer not to mess with it. I'm currently using the tallest front post. Although now I'm wondering... If I use a shorter front post and re-zero the rear sight, would that lower the rear sight and allow me to use the peep sight with the taller front post?

· Registered
210 Posts
I would take note of what the rear sight is set at or mark it and lower it out of the way. Once you get use to the peep you may not go back to using the rear sight unless you are at a shoot that requires the use of the rear sight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.