Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the correct sling for a Finn captured russian m91 with finn stock?

Some pics?

I can't find a photo of a finn captured m91 with sling.......

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I don't think there was a standard issue sling for these.Any Finn sling should be correct as I believe they used whatever was available.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,294 Posts
If it has the Finn wire swivels, it needs one of the thin web slings that Finland made, the kind with a tight weave green web usually with leather patched at the front loop end. Russian-made slings are too wide to fit the wire swivels.

If there are no wire swivels and a leather retainer "collar" is used, then either the sling above or the Russian 91/30 sling is appropriate, though certainly other types of Finn slings were probably used.

In my opinion, either the Finn thin web sling or the Russian-style 91/30 style sling are more "appropriate". JMHO...

·
Registered
480 Posts
the finns also had leather slings... now the common (and cheap) green leather slings are postwar but still finnish and still fit... the slings that would have been around during the wartime years would have been the web slings mentioned above, the various brown and black leather slings for the various finn mosins, and the SK.Y marked M39 web slings

and if you have sling slots... any wartime russian dog collar sling will do (or a finn sling with wartime russian or finn dog collars) and if you're lucky you can score a finn marked russian dog collar sling... if extra lucky you can score one with finn collars

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the informations guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards!

·
Gold Bullet member
11,294 Posts
It's what we live for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts