Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a lot of people talking about counter bored Mosins. How do I tell if the 3 I own are counter bores, and what exactly does this mean??
All the Mosins I have are shooters and have nice minty bores, I have an M38, an M44, and a M91/30.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the answers guys, I didn't mean to get an argument started. None of the three Mosins I own are counter bored and I am quite happy with the 2 inch groups they print at 100 yards with Silver Bear 203 grain soft points which is what I used in my M44 to kill 2 deer with at about 60 yards. One was shot out my kitchen window, and it dropped in it's tracks. I've started reloading for the M38, have taken it out of the original stock and put it in a synthetic to try and see what it will really do (still have the original stock so I can put it back to original after I retire it). Using PRVI 150 grain bullets and some IMR 4350 to start with. If ya wanna know what I mean by retire it, after I kill a couple of deer with it I figure it will have paid for itself and then I can retire it and use on of my other milsurps that hasn't gotten broken in yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.