Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: Since writing this up, I have determined this rifle is likely Colombian, with a very slight possibility it could be Mexican.

Over the last couple of years, I have owned two of the Chilean 1912's handled a few more and have looked at more online.

All have had this makers marking on the left rail: "Waffenfabrik Steyr Austria"

I had posted what I thought was a low ball bid at an online auction, and forgot about it until they invoiced me! :) I did purchase a couple of other items at the same auction, but had forgotten about bidding on this one.

It wasn't until receiving the invoice that I looked closely at the pictures. These two from the auction are all I have until the rifle shows up.

·
8,104 Posts
Has the receiver been scrubbed? If so, we will need to see the acceptance marks, Chile, Colombia and Mexico each had their own. Also, the various countries used separate serial number ranges, in other words all three would have had a serial number "A 401".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.