Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone out there identify this bullet? I got it at random one day and still haven't figure out what the heck it is. The rim on the back only says "DC 16" and "VII". If it's a rare round, cool, if it's not, then what the heck can I shoot it out of? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone out there identify this bullet? I got it at random one day and still haven't figure out what the heck it is. The rim on the back only says "DC 16" and "VII". If it's a rare round, cool, if it's not, then what the heck can I shoot it out of? Any info would be appreciated.
Looks like it might be a British .303 round...the giveaway is the VII which is the version 7 spitzer bullet..so you got a WW1 round it looks like.

·
Registered
637 Posts
.303 British

Calibre is as Operator says, .303 British.

The round is a Ball Mark VII made by Dominion Cartridge Company, Canada, in 1916. Bullet weight is 174 grns and the round is cordite loaded.

Sorry, but it is a pretty common round in collecting circles.

Regards
TonyE

·
Copper Bullet member
9,914 Posts
Definitely a Canadian .303 headstamp.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok cool, thanks for the assistance in identification yall. I got it in a bag full of rounds for a dollar, so I didn't really get any info from the seller on it. Good to know that I can at least find a rifle to shoot it, or I can keep it in my collection and hope that in the future it'll be more rare and possibly more valuable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.