Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just picked up a VZ2008, and the bayonet that came with it has the early wooden handle. I already have a full tang VZ58 bayonet, and I only need one bayonet, so I was wondering how uncommon the wooden handled versions were, and an approximate value. I do not have photos yet, but the bayonet looks to be unissued, with only storage wear and grime.

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
What's need got to do with it? Why not keep both? You'll have an example of each. Then try to find a fighting knife version.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The VZ2008 will be my back up shtf rifle (I shot it today, and it more than lived up to my expectations), but I have no interest in collecting such firearms or bayonets (sticking with collecting Lee Enfields). I also have other projects that need financing, and money is a bit tight, hence me wanting to sell the bayonet. I just want an idea of an honest price, so that I do not gouge anyone (or get gouged, for the matter).

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
I've not seen one up for sale. Check Gunbroker, and ebay. I would think at least $100.00. however, since you got it with a recently purchased rifle, they may be dime a dozen?

·
Registered
456 Posts
At some point the Czechs switched from wood/beech furniture to the beaver barf. Most Century builds are beaver bark/folding but they do have a wood stocked version available. A non sponsor has wood stocked VZ58 parts kits for $280. From my understanding the extreme heat of full auto would cause the handguards to crack, but I'm no expert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts