Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a new condition DPMS Panther LR 308 in a pawn shop for $924. Are these a successful, reliable design and are magazines available? I was surpised to see any black rifle under $1,000 but am not schooled in AR-10 variants. Guidance will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
YES , AND YES , and me too , i cant think of the last time ive seen one ,

these are flying of the shelves - depending on the 'exact' model it retais between $1100-1200 for the LR308 & LR308T & LR308C , $1200-1300 for the LR308AP4 , $1500 for the LR308L , $2100-2200 for the LRT-SASS ,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DPMS magazine

Is that a FN magazine I see hanging out of the mag well? That would be logistically convenient as I have quite a few on hand. I think that I have to put this rifle on lay away. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Gold Bullet member
384 Posts
DPMS

DPMS makes excellent rifles: I have their 24" bull barrel upper in 223.
Only negative about the 308 is the magazine cost: currently around $30-40 if you can find them. That is a great price if the barrel is good: at least buy it and flip it on Gunbroker.
Merry Christmas!

John

·
Silver Bullet Member
619 Posts
I love mine!

I have had several DPMS rifles and like them. I currently have an M4-type, and an LR308. the LR I ordered it with a forward assist upper, fluted and cryo'd 24" barrel, Hogue grip, target trigger, M60-type flashider (dumb I know, but I was trained as an M60 gunner during the stone age), skeleton stock (Turned out to be a routed out standard stock. I have since replaced with an Ace tube stock), picatinny gas block, two spare mags on top of two it comes with. It is far more accurate than I am, I have never had a ftf, and is an absolute gas to shoot. You must order with a taclatch if scoped, or you will not be able to reach the bolt op without looking like a monkey!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts