Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I don't know the difference between a QD and M-Lok. I just got an AR 9mm carbine and want to add a sling. The gun came with an M-Lok sling mount but no swivel. All I need is the swivel. It is supposed to be a West Lake Tactical.
Dave

·
Banned
6,075 Posts
if you go to leapers and look at swivel qd mounts, and swivels.
you will find what you want.
i have no idea what an mlok swivel mount is.
leapers has it all( and the ad you are looking
at appears to be leapers without ever saying it)

my mc millian stock came with three qd mounts(holes)
the leapers qd swivels fit fine.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have no confidence in QD sling mounts like those in the link provided, I just don't trust little tiny ball bearings to hold my rifle securely.
There are better options out there, more secure options.

·
Banned
6,075 Posts
you are entitled to your opinon, but the style has been around for a
long time, if mcmillian puts it on their stocks i guess it works.
the steel of the balls, implanted in a groove, with a steel rod behind..
is actually pretty solid.

I have no confidence in QD sling mounts like those in the link provided, I just don't trust little tiny ball bearings to hold my rifle securely.
There are better options out there, more secure options.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Thank you. I don't know the difference between a QD and M-Lok. I just got an AR 9mm carbine and want to add a sling. The gun came with an M-Lok sling mount but no swivel. All I need is the swivel. It is supposed to be a West Lake Tactical.
Dave
"QD" just means it's quick detach, and when used with swivels usually refers to what you've linked. "M-Lok" is a standard of accessory slots developed by Magpul and used mostly on AR15 rails (handguards). NOT ALL M-Lok rails have the female "hole" or mount to accept the (male) QD swivel (stud) you have linked, SO if yours doesn't, you will have to buy a QD M-Lok sling mount (linked below) to install on your M-Lok rail, prior to inserting the QD sling swivel.

I hope this helps.

https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-qd-sling-mount

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much!!! I do have the one mount that came with the FX-9 and it looks very similar to the one in the link. I appreciate they (Freedom Ordnance) included the mount with the gun, but most swivels are sold with the mount anyhow. So, finding just a swivel that will work in this mount is kinda weird. They also include a 3" weaver mount that attaches to the M-Lok rail, and that is cool because I can put whatever I want on it. But, a sling swivel mount can only hold a swivel. Odd.

I'll go ahead and get that one and try it out. I did send the eBay seller a message but they have no idea what it is!

TY!!! Dave

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
It's very nice when they include the little extra bits. The disappointment can be akin to a kid getting a battery operated toy as a gift, and no batteries to go along with it.

Lots of slings come with the swivels already attached to them, and I believe the ultra cool tactical stuff is sewn in place (thick nylon web and thread), hence the reason some manufacturers don't include the swivels with their rifles (not to mention the fact it's cheaper not to include them!).

I hope you enjoy your new acquisition!

ETA, I also think every AR15 aluminum rail/handguard manufacturer SHOULD include AT LEAST one QD swivel mount per side of the rail (the hole is most likely cheaper to mill than an M-Lok slot, it'll protrude less than an add-on, AND there are two less screws to come undone!).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.