Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
If they had been "Nazi" marked (but they weren't), a Volkssturm use would be possible (because the Volkssturm was organized *and* equipped by the Gauleiter als Reichsverteidigungskommissare), but they were not. Rather, the Volkssturm used ordinary Carcanos in 6,5mm.

The German military marked Carcanos (proof eagle, among others) were production on behalf of the Wehrmacht, as auxiliary weapons.

The third category are Carcanos with the HZa eagle on wrist, often HZa Jt3. I guess 90 % are fake and 10 % genuine; these were weapons that the Wehrmacht had sequestered after the Italian armistice. They were mostly put into storage, but a few documented cases show German troops (not Volkssturm) with Carcanos in original caliber, too.

Carcano

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I didn't know there were different types. I bought one at an auction with the hzajt3 and a german mauser sling. Nothing mentioned that it had german proofs and I didn't notice until months later. I din't know what italian slings looked like and therefore didn't pay ay attention to the one attached to my rifle. mine is in the 6.5 and isn't an import, so I was just wondering who it would have been with.
thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts