Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been wanting to get some of you to weigh in on this one please... real deal?

What is the manufacturer of the scope?

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,127 Posts
Posted now.
Really excellent PU, all the metal is factory matching.

Stock is a bit unusual: it looks to be a '44 stock (Izhevsk PUs started having full pressed liners in '44), but it's not the acceptance mark normally seen on '44 stocks. This one has ОГ, but ИЛ would be expected.

Hopefully Ratnik will comment, I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on this.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,169 Posts

Stock is a bit unusual: it looks to be a '44 stock (Izhevsk PUs started having full pressed liners in '44), but it's not the acceptance mark normally seen on '44 stocks. This one has ОГ, but ИЛ would be expected.

I agree, a nice rifle with matching metal and never reblued. The mount could be original as well.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thank You Ol' Relic. Yes Ratnik for sure and maybe "pavlin" will comment as well?

·
Gold Bullet member
14,169 Posts
Thanks for your opinions Mike. Can you work from these pictures or is this an educated guess?
I can pretty well tell on the base rifle metal and having original blue. The stampings have heriated metal that has not been polished smooth and some stampings that should have damage to the finish do have it. Looking at the mount more closely, it is originally mated to the scope and not the rifle. It is a WW2 Izhevsk mount. The wear patterns on the scope and mount match where the covers were on and off.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

Both of them were working at the factory in 1943 and 1944, so both markings were possible. Maybe ИЛ was on vacations and ОГ replaced him )) I posted names of these representatives in my Patreon article. For example, in May 1944 ИЛ was acting chief military representative, ОГ was military representative.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts