Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awhile back i bought a replica pu from coles..im very very happy with everything about it,but..as of late ive had a recurring problem that maybe someone here can help me with,after about 20-25 rounds the cap on the back of the scope comes loose,now everytime i shoot it i keep this fact in mind and after about 20 rounds i check it and tighten it by hand if need be..i thought about turning it back far enough to expose most of the threads and adding locktight...anyone else had this problem and if so whats a good fix for it?..thanks in advance

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
When you mean the cap you mean the rear housing that holds the rear lens? Yes that is a problem. On originals they had a small set screw to prevent this. I would lock tight it if it continues.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes thats the part i mean and thats why i didnt want to take it all the way off as i wasnt sure what would happen,so you think i should be ok if i just back it off enough to expose a good bit of the threads and then lock tight it?,,as i said its gotten to where it happens all the time after about 20-25 rounds

·
Gold Bullet member
13,578 Posts
They make locktite that requires no disassembly. It supposidly will penetrate, then dry. I bought some for something but have never used it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts