Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
It`s been a while since I was in the PU game,but now since I`ve found a new ex-sniper that I want to re-sniper It seems there are many more PU scopes and mounts available on the web.The prices seem to have gone down as well.
When I re-snipered my 44 izh. you simply had to shuck out $300 or more for a mount and scope,plus $60 or so for a bolt handle.John Zhu has the complete set plus drill,tap and screws for less than $300 thats nice.
What I wanted to know, are there any scopes and mounts I need to avoid? I know to stay away from the aluminum bases. I may not be able to buy the whole shebang from john so I might have to aquire my parts piecemeal.
Are there any real ww2 production scopes available from an online source or is it luck of the draw on ebay,gunbroker etc?
Are all the repro`s worthy of my cash or are there versions to avoid?
Thanks for any help and have a nice day!
Bossman

·
Registered
185 Posts
Go on ebay. Search for Hetman500. His name is Vlad, he's in the Ukraine and is a great guy to deal with. The only problem is that the screws to his mounts are 6mm x 1.0 pitch. That is an easier tap size to find but is not authentic... 6mm x .75 pitch is correct. (It wouldn't bother me). His mounts and scopes are all steel, no aluminum with paint. Pricing is very fair. I have sent several people his way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
-1 for Hetman500. I tried to buy a scope from him earlier this year on the recommendation of this board. To make a long story short, he sent it to an address in Savannah, GA (I live in So. IN, BTW) then wouldn't send it unless we repaid the shipping fee, then refused to give a refund. Three months later we ended up having to go through paypal to get the money back from him. He also had the cahones to leave us negative feedback saying that we tried to rip him off. As soon as I got the refund I ordered one from John Zhu, had it in my mitts less than a week later and it was a few $ cheaper.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,088 Posts
I would agree that if Hetman had sent it to the wrong address, he should have eaten the shipping fee. His mounts, though, are of the best quality but I only wish that he made them with different hole spacings available and used a 0.75mm thread.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,551 Posts
+1 for Hetman500. Several positive transactions and excellent quality compared to other repro PU set up's.

·
Registered
185 Posts
"he sent it to an address in Savannah, GA (I live in So. IN, BTW) then wouldn't send it unless we repaid the shipping fee, then refused to give a refund. Three months later we ended up having to go through paypal to get the money back from him. He also had the cahones to leave us negative feedback saying that we tried to rip him off. "

That is seriously WRONG... but everyone I know has had no such problems. Sorry that you did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts