Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to ask a question about the original leather PU scope covers. What was the original colour of the leather? I've just bought few covers from Ukraine - covers were advertised as a modern PU repro made from brown leather. In the package I received ones made from black leather, which looked quite old and had rather unpleasant smell. The other thing is that covers do not fit easily the scope, they are tight fit.
Is there another optical instrument protected by leather covers similar to PU covers? If the covers I bought are not PU covers, what could it be?

·
Registered
80 Posts
The leather covers for my 1943 PU scope are brown.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
PU covers - unfortunately "stinky" ones

Here are some pictures of my purchase. Covers fit the eyepiece of modern VOMZ PU replica but do not fit the objecitive and are too tight for original PU ( 1944 ). Are made from black leather, the thread is white and covers have musty smell - probably because of long period of storage in rather poor condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.