Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for years and production numbers of the PTG rifles.
Does someone know when they were produced and quantity?

I have seen 1915 and I have non finn original font all matching 1917 one. (it is probably Balkan)
I will post pictures of it when I get some time to take the pictures.

Thank you.

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
Do you mean when they added Peter the Great line to the factory logo?

Rifles with the Peter the Great in the factory logo were made by Tula Weapons Factory. The serial numbers are not coded. Do a survey for that factory for each year, the highest serial number reported for each year will give you a clue of how many rifles were made at that factory that particular year.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hello Torch,

I'm pretty certain it started in 1913 to celebrate the 300 yrs of the Romanov Dynasty. It was continued by Tula until the 1917 revolutions. Tula received the honor since it was established by Peter the Great.

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
Sorry that is exactly what I meant.
They did not build a new factory. They simply changed a little the name of the factory in Tula. All you have to do is find production numbers for factory in Tula for the years you are interested in. Double check the date that noro gave you, that will tell you which years you want. Probably still have to do the survey.

·
Silver Bullet Member
182 Posts
My Tula 1917 PTG M91's SN is 207345.

Mike
USAF Retired

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.