Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Romanian made recv'r #s match. The scope was sold before I bought the rifle, are they matched numbered to the rifle if they are from Romania? I posted that my firing pin bent in my PSL due to my lack of knowledge of the rifle. I was using 167 gr Winchester brass marked 7.62x54R. I also have 180 gr Winchester. I bought it so I could reload it and compare the MILSURP to reloads. Well my 700 uses 180 gr so I thought "People are always comparing the 2" and thinking is just wrong.... asking is better. You would not believe the way the rifle jumped, no recoil straight up. Follow ups:laugh:

The pin went to deep and punctured the primer knocking the pin back and burring it, not bending it. Filed and fixed
The PSL hammer really hits the pin hard, ( steel rounds)the depth does not look that far off to me I guess the pin hung a little or it bounced very violently on the hammer. Has anyone put a spring on the pin? It was the brass shell, but it bothers me.
I have SVT 40 a few 91/30s couple M39s will these rounds work in any of them with out destruction of said rifle. I am really glad that I didn't put it in my SVT. What rounds are you gentlemen using in your PSL country of origin grain size? Seems I heard 147gr
NOTE: The PSL mags that I see that come in the mag pouch are not really that good. At the least it's not plug and play. The front of the round catches on the front of the mag. File and bending is the answer, so far.

·
Registered
503 Posts
PSL using light ball ammo 147gr,you can use 150gr FMG and SP PrviPartizan,very good ammo and brass good for reloading .Try as many diferent type of surplus ammo and see with witch your PSL performs b est,my likes CHZ,Yugo and Polish silver tip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.