Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I just picked up my brand new PSL this week and began cleaning it. I'm initmately familiar with the AK platform and have taken apart the AK trigger group apart many times, but the PSL is a little bit different because of the bolt hold open and the fact that the hook runs underneath the pins and is also extremely tight. Id love to take it apart to clean the disconnector spring and polish the surfaces of the trigger but I also dont want to muscle it and break the hook. Any suggestions on how to get the hook out? I cant find any information anywhere on the internet about how to do this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys, I just picked up my brand new PSL this week and began cleaning it. I'm initmately familiar with the AK platform and have taken apart the AK trigger group apart many times, but the PSL is a little bit different because of the bolt hold open and the fact that the hook runs underneath the pins and is also extremely tight. Id love to take it apart to clean the disconnector spring and polish the surfaces of the trigger but I also dont want to muscle it and break the hook. Any suggestions on how to get the hook out? I cant find any information anywhere on the internet about how to do this.
Removing the hook is actually pretty simple, however, replacing it is a royal pain. My shepherds hook actually snapped at the range one day and the entire trigger mechanism fell apart with a loaded round in the chamber. took forever to get it apart. I put the newer pin retainer in that all the newer guns have and it is so much easier and stronger of a part

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Removing the hook is actually pretty simple, however, replacing it is a royal pain. My shepherds hook actually snapped at the range one day and the entire trigger mechanism fell apart with a loaded round in the chamber. took forever to get it apart. I put the newer pin retainer in that all the newer guns have and it is so much easier and stronger of a part
Will the standard AK retainer plate work or does it have to be one specific to the PSL since it has a longer receiver?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The standard one will work. I have an FPK Waffen Werks PSL build and the regular retainer worked like a charm
Dude, I managed to get the trigger group out today and that was a bear of a project lol, took me like 25 min to get the hook out, I then cleaned and polished the trigger, and then 35-45 min of frustration trying to get it back in, but I did it, im certainly going to order a red army standard retainer plate 😂😂 its so weird how you have to push it in, twist it around, all while making sure the pins are in place and also making sure it stays in the groves, NO, NEVER AGAIN 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts