Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got back into gun accumulating recently with the purchase of various models of Mosins which i like very well. Along with the guns i have picked up a few rounds of ammo. While looking at some of the many post at this site it seems that the PSL would be a nice fit to go along with the Mosins, i like the cost per round of the 7.62x54 . Seems the PSL is well liked by many so it would seem be a good choice as a hard hitting,multiple shot,reliable,long range for my eye sight gun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have found one to at least look at before ordering one. I called a shop that is on the way of a trip i will take today and was told they had one that a KID that needed some money brought in. I would like to know what to look for in a used one like if they used too hot ammo and the like.The guy said he wanted $700.00 for it and i asked if he could look AIM up on the web they had them for $580.00 so i might get shot when i walk in the door.

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
I've seen more than one that had a tilted scope mount rail which causes the scope to be tilted to the left (or right)...
I had a TGI build a few years ago that had some ugly wear on the bolt locking lugs..it functioned fine but the lugs looked like puke....
I had one last week with a bulged spot in the bore under the gas port...
If they won't take it apart for inspection (VERY easy to do BTW) there is no way to check the last two issues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i made it to Wagners Barber Shop And Guns in Greensburg Indiana,hair cuts $8.00 and guns a little more,he said Jay Lenno had a picture of his sign on TV,he said i could look her over as he was giving a couple of guys a hair cut and with the info from here and what little i know the gun looked good to me,he made it clear that he liked AK style guns and showed me some he had built one was a 308 on a bi pod,he dissembled the gun so fast i knew he knew his stuff,gun-two mags-scope-scope cover-sling-ammo\scope carry pouch-twenty rounds of ammo-plastic carry case-oil can-and a small metal tube with a punch in it for $650.00. The gun has a bayonet lug on it that looks like one side ground off,does this mean it is a older import, i might of got the gun for a better price somewhere else but i may of found a good barber also.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,042 Posts
Need more info: an AK chambered in .308 with a bipod could be a Chinese NDM-86 (nominally worth around $3,000+), a Mitchell Yugoslavian M77/M90 (worth somewhere around $1,500+, although you can find them for less); we'll need at least one overall picture of the rifle to see what you bought. If its any of the two I mentioned, you couldn't have found a better deal anywhere in the country.

Keith

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I hope you got a goodie. I have quite a few guns and my old PSL is my fave. You mentioned eyesight, I use an 8x42D POSP on mine and have never been disappointed with the set-up. Also, the 1pn34 is great for night shooting. They can be had from a guy in Helsinki who is easily found thru an E-Bay search for "1pn34". Have a blast with your rifle. They're really alot of fun to shoot. Gimme a holler if you have any probs with scope set-up. They're pretty simple if you "think simple" and know a few of the tricks. The former Soviet Union loved rugged reliability and simplicity, as do I. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts