Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a buddy offer me this older import PSL for $1,800.00. Come with three magazines. Rifle has maybe 100 rounds through it. What do you guys think? Does it look as it should? This is the only pic I have but he is a trusted friend. John

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Do you know what's the production year? Price is very fair for today's market. I would try to find one from the recent imports.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
is it a PSL or a ROMAK III that is stamped on the receiver?

as for the price, doesn't seem too far out of line, those things were pricy when they were everywhere

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
didn't know that, thanks..........that makes 1800 bucks look like it's real good deal then :)

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,198 Posts
I personally like the older imported ones as they were built using PSL kits.(IE original military guns).
The new ones are newly made for export IRRC. Exact same thing and it's a personal preference thing but I would grab any PSL you can at this point.

And it wouldn't be a gunboards thread without me mentioning prices from years gone past.. Back when AIM and Classic had these for $700 with 4 mags, mag pouch and a cleaning kit.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I personally like the older imported ones as they were built using PSL kits.(IE original military guns).
The new ones are newly made for export IRRC. Exact same thing and it's a personal preference thing but I would grab any PSL you can at this point.
And it wouldn't be a gunboards thread without me mentioning prices from years gone past.. Back when AIM and Classic had these for $700 with 4 mags, mag pouch and a cleaning kit.
Weren't the ones built on military receivers called-back by the ATF because of the "third hole" issue?

You had to mention the cost back-in-the-day. Unfortunately I missed those days of cheap PSLs and AKs...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Around 2001 I was in a local gun shop and they had a PSL and an SAR1 AK-47 sitting side by side. Both were very affordable. I chose the SAR. I have been kicking myself ever since. Lol

Yes, I still have the SAR

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,198 Posts
Weren't the ones built on military receivers called-back by the ATF because of the "third hole" issue?

You had to mention the cost back-in-the-day. Unfortunately I missed those days of cheap PSLs and AKs...
They were built on kits with new made receivers.
Some original receiver rifles came in and were sold by a company but I am unsure what the ATF ended up doing about that.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,654 Posts

Crazy part is “back in the day” was only ten years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 63 Posts