Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just looking into getting all the accessories and what not a PSL would have been issued with, figured I'd ask the experts and see what all I still needed.

So far I have:

- PSL rifle (you never know, someone might ask :) )
- LPS scope w/ rubber eye piece and front cap
- canvas/leather scope cover
- Leather romy sling
- buttstock cleaning kit
- 3 piece cleaning rod
- dual spout oiler bottle
- Romy bayonet even though it doesnt have the bayonet lug
- 2 mag pouches
- 8 mags

Anything Im missing? I've seen lens filters up for sale for the PSO but wasnt sure if the LPS scopes ever were issued with stuff like that. Let me know and thanks again for the help!

Stinkyrat

EDIT: now what thread isnt a cool thread without pictures......

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It does have the bayonet lug....em.... 'stub' if you will :) but the wings to the bayo lug have been ground off and the flash hider has been fixed in place.

Where do I go to find a yellow filter?

Stinkyrat

Edit: I also noticed that the mag pouches have about 5 smaller pockets in the accessories pouch area. Two of them fit the buttstock cleaning kit and cleaning rods perfectally, but what about the other three pockets?

·
Gold Bullet member
4,039 Posts
Ah, I get it. My lugs were ground too, but the bayo still locks up. Might want to try it.

I haven't found a source for a stock filter. Not sure about the other pouch slots, I don't have mine with me (I'm on the road).

Keith

·
Copper Bullet member
1,911 Posts
Got mine today. Came with twomags, unmatched, scope case/cover:ratty, and a scope eyepiece. Is the scope that offset that you really do need to use the Left eye to see a semblance of a normal sight picture? My scope is a '75 dated Russian in decent shape. Glad I bought the 6 slightly rusty mags from Apex and they are in exactly the same shape as the mags my PSL came with. I am loving this rifle so far, but want to fix the Godawful trigger pull. All innards are nicely blued and mine appears to have a 1.5mm receiver.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I agree with the 1pn34, add in a decent scope (I use an 8x42D with sun shade tube) and forget about sticking that "buttstock tool kit" in the buttstock. ;)

1 slot in the pouch holds the sun shade tube (bottom right pocket slot fits this perfectly), one holds the small cloths to wipe the lenses (top left pocket across from rod pocket), another does fine for small parts such as spare batteries in a small can (top right tiny pocket), etc., and the flap pocket holds the tool kit, gas tube cleaning tool, and broken sheel extractor, as if it were made for them. I assume that it is what these pockets are for.

The oil/solvent bottle that I received came with a small fake leather pouch with a snap flap, so I assumed (I hate that word) that it simply lies in the bottom of the pouch, where mine has been all these years. I don't think they gave it a pouch in order to be placed inside a pocket that would then be too tight to fit when in it's own pouch.

I also have a solid-tubed adjustable, AK-style bipod with the little snap hook plate to keep it closed, stood up in mine, on the right side. Yup, it clips to the barrel under the gas tube, and I have never noticed any significant change in point of impact from using it with the barrel supporting the rifle. But then, I'm no Bravo 4, so what do I know? I just shoot mine and it kills 'yotes and deer, very nicely.

I hope you have as much fun with all your goodies as I do with mine. ;)

Oh, I forgot. All of the above items came with a "cleaning and accessory kit" that I bought for my PSL way back when I got it. I can't remember who I got it from, but ALL of these items were included, sooo....I "assumed".... ;)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
41,381 Posts
Got mine today. Came with twomags, unmatched, scope case/cover:ratty, and a scope eyepiece. Is the scope that offset that you really do need to use the Left eye to see a semblance of a normal sight picture? My scope is a '75 dated Russian in decent shape. Glad I bought the 6 slightly rusty mags from Apex and they are in exactly the same shape as the mags my PSL came with. I am loving this rifle so far, but want to fix the Godawful trigger pull. All innards are nicely blued and mine appears to have a 1.5mm receiver.
Where did you get yours?

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Ah, I get it. My lugs were ground too, but the bayo still locks up. Might want to try it.

I haven't found a source for a stock filter. Not sure about the other pouch slots, I don't have mine with me (I'm on the road).

Keith
You know, a lot of thought went into grindig thos elugs off so people wouldn't go on a bayonetting rampage, as we read about so much in the news.
If you attach a bayonet to your rifle, please don't commit random acts of bayonetting with it.

I may have to check and see if a bayo will fit onto my ground lug just for appearance sake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.